Failed Migration Attempt from one server to the new

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Failed Migration Attempt from one server to the new

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Carson
    Participant

Hi,
    Trying to migrate from one server to the next. keep getting the same error
    I pushed the backup from newprod.mobileskips.com.au on a different server to mobileskips.com.au : 6990 (production test environment) everything went okay. But when trying to restore keep getting the error.
    Happy to give you access to both environments via email.
    Ben

Benjamin Carson
    Participant

Tried putting the error message here, but message gets blocked

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the restoration log only?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your site via FTP.
    You can send the log file as an attachment or copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Benjamin Carson
    Participant

Hi,

Been waiting 4 days for a response, is there any support with this plugin, please send me an email address I can contact you on instead of the noreply email, very poor support ticketing system

Benjamin Carson
    Participant

You plugin continues to leave -old folders even after it says everything is successful in restore a migrated site

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies, where did you send your reply? We could not see it from this thread.

Did you click the “Delete Directories” button after restoration? That should delete all the old folders.

Regards,
    Bryle

Benjamin Carson
    Participant

Is there any other way of contacting your support, using this method is so last century, do you have a skype address and email I can respond to. A service desk where I can attached log files or something so twenty first century, images to try and communicated
    Yes, I am annoyed as your business address is a house in the UK.

So we have 2 choices, refund my money or work through the problem in a communication channel that works, as responding here is a day by day experience.

So to answer you question, yes I used you Delete Directories, they do f—k all of nothing, had to login via SFTP and remove, the crap you plugin leaves -OLD directories and files

So can someone please contact me via email of skype benkolossal to resolve these issues

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

You can send us a support request using this form – https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/. You can send reply from your email.

Do you also get any error message when clicking on the “Delete Directories” button? If yes, please include a screenshot in the support request form.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Failed Migration Attempt from one server to the new’ is closed to new replies.