Failing to restore uploads

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Bryle Crodua.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Crispin Blackall
    Participant

Hi I bought Updraft plus to migrate a site from one domain to another. I was unable to use the clone function to get it across, and have been partially successful using the restore from back up but all the images have failed – I am having another attempt to migrate but it is incredibly slow are there any hints please? At the moment I have been trying this task for 4 days.

Crispin Blackall
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Restoration process can stall/halt depending upon the total backup size and available server configuration, PHP timeouts can stall/halt the restoration process.

If you are trying to restore all backup sets at once, instead I’ll suggest you to restore each backup set one by one i.e. First restore Plugins > Themes > Uploads > Others and at the end restore the database.

Let us know if above method helps to fix the issue.

Regards,
    Bryle

Crispin Blackall
    Participant

Most of the upload has now worked well but unfortunately the images are not all uploaded (about 50% made it the rest corrupted). Is there an easy way to run a back up / migration just of the image/media

Thanks

Bryle Crodua

Hi Crispin,

You can run two separate backup for Uploads and then you can run the database, themes, plugins and other all together.
    When restoring you can also run them separately.

Regards,
    Brye

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Failing to restore uploads’ is closed to new replies.