Fatal Error when Authenticating Dropbox

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Fatal Error when Authenticating Dropbox

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark
    Participant

I have used UpdraftPlus on quite a few sites and this is the first time I have had an issue. I installed the plugin as normal and set up my settings and then save them, It then asks to Authenticate my Dropbox account, when I do I was getting a blank screen. So I have wiped the settings and still got a blank screen. I have deactivated all other plugins and run again and am getting the following error:

Fatal error: mcrypt_create_iv() [function.mcrypt-create-iv]: Could not gather sufficient random data in D:\Hosting\13078185\html\blog\wp-content\plugins\updraftplus\includes\phpseclib\Crypt\Random.php on line 73

This is happening on two sites I setup today. I have checked and Dropbox is up and functioning and has terrabytes of room, so its not that.

Thanks in advanced for any help.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Sandra,

When attempting to authenticate with Dropbox, UpdraftPlus requires a small amount of random data. This error indicates that the PHP installation cannot provide this random data.

This error is caused by the PHP installation, rather than UpdraftPlus or WordPress. The cause of the error is either:

• This PHP bug in some versions of PHP 5.3/5.4
    • A problem with the web hosting setup

You will need to send that error to your hosts’ support. They will be able to either update PHP, or fix the web hosting set-up.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Mark
    Participant

I was able to login to my hosting account and change the php version from 5.3 to 5.4 and everything worked Great. Thanks for the info!

udadmin
    Keymaster

Glad you got it sorted!

David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Fatal Error when Authenticating Dropbox’ is closed to new replies.