Feature request: Seperate schedule for uploads

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Feature request: Seperate schedule for uploads

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stefan Grassberger
    Participant

Hi,

I have several sites with a large number of uploads. I would like to backup these, but less often than regular backups, because the archives for one set take up several GBs and I’m currently keeping 12 backup sets.

For example:
    Backup plugins, themes, database every week
    Backup uploads every 4 weeks

So it would be nice to have more flexible scheduling, not just for all files, but choosing which files to save independently.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

I’ll add your request to our potential developments list.
    I’m afraid that we cannot guarantee a release, but we are trying to move towards a more flexible set of options.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Adam
    Participant

Hi David N,
    could you give us an update on this topic? I too can really use the option to backup WordPress ‘Uploads’ files on a different schedule than Plugins or Themes files.

We run multiple sites, and the Uploads directory is often a) not modified as often as the plugins directory… and b) is often very large… so setting it to backup less frequently than the otehr files would be quite useful.

thank you, Adam

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Adam,

Our developers are currently working on incremental backups, which will solve the issue of large uploads folders.

I’m afraid that we still don’t have a release date, but this is currently being worked on.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Feature request: Seperate schedule for uploads’ is closed to new replies.