File not found on server after backup?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin File not found on server after backup?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sales
    User

I am successfully backing up my site but when I go to available set, everything is fine except the uploads file. When I try to download to my PC, I get a FILE NOT FOUND error, strange since all the other zip download just fine. No errors either in the log file. Anyone else have this problem?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Please can you send the log of the backup to [email protected]? Then I can take a look to confirm that it’s backing up successfully.

David

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the log.

It looks normal. 1) Are you really sure you haven’t pressed the “Delete from webserver” button at some point? 2) Is it there (I’d be fairly certain not) if you use FTP to view the files directly? (folder: wp-content/updraft)

Does the same happen if you try again? i.e. try this: 1) backup and wait for it to finish backing up 2) FTP and verify that the file is there (in wp-content/updraft – a zip file ending in uploads.zip) 3) Try to download from the UD settings page. What happens?

Best wishes,
    David

Sales
    User

Thanks David,

I’ve never FTPd or had the need to but going thru the motions in file explorer in my CP, the file is there along with all my other zip files and the size is correct, I have a feeling maybe updraft just isn’t pointing to it?

This is what it says. mydomain.com/WP/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?_wpnonce=533663a495&timestamp=1391616029&type=uploads&stage=2&findex=0&action=updraft_download_backup

Sales
    User

and if it’s there, maybe the only way to save to my pc is FTP? Still, would like to know why updraft can’t find it.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Joe,

Using a file explorer is fine – it’ll do the same thing as FTP. The point was just to verify that the file was there.

If the file is there, then it’s a mystery why it can’t be found. Feel free to email me ([email protected]) with your WP login details so that I can take a closer look, or alternatively download + email me all the files beginning with “log” in wp-content/updraft.

David

Sales
    User

David,

I can actually live with going thru file explorer to get the file, I tested it and worked fine, but will send you the logs regardless for you to look at.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘File not found on server after backup?’ is closed to new replies.