First experience with paid version and totally failed with clone

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin First experience with paid version and totally failed with clone

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Marcel Bosch
    Participant

Hi,

After using duplicator for years we thought we go to one stop solution Updraftplus.

Our first experience is “not” so good.

Clone website from hosting company ABC to our server, website is visible but we can´t login on our clone website. Now probably the problem is that the website on hosting company ABC is using wordfence and this is the reason why it fails.

Reading all documentation but is little unclear.

Questions:

1. as mentioned in the documentation is better to deactivate the plugin(s) for cache and others, but does that also mean if you make a normal backup with updraftplus ??? (what is impossible to i just think it will work)
    2. to clone website on other server, it say deactivate but can we just deactivate wordfence without problem ? As they have tons of options even to remove the database info. We just want to make a simple fast clone of the website.
    3. if they use custom login url with wordfence is that automatically available in the cloned website ? Or must we remove this “custom” login but what happens if we deactivate wordfence.

Is there any detailed information step by step how to clone website using wordfence, we dont like to brake the old website.

Marcel Bosch
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Marcel Bosch
    Participant

Anyone ?

Bryle Crodua

Hi Marcel,

I’m so sorry for the late reply.

As for your questions, I’ve answered each of them below.

1. as mentioned in the documentation is better to deactivate the plugin(s) for cache and others, but does that also mean if you make a normal backup with updraftplus ??? (what is impossible to i just think it will work)
    > Yes, I would suggest you exclude them from the backup. If not, you can just unzip the plugins.zip and remove the plugins so it will not be included from the restore/migration.

2. to clone website on other server, it say deactivate but can we just deactivate wordfence without problem ? As they have tons of options even to remove the database info. We just want to make a simple fast clone of the website.
    > Yes, it will just be a temporary deactivation. You can reactivate it back after the backup is complete.

3. if they use custom login url with wordfence is that automatically available in the cloned website ? Or must we remove this “custom” login but what happens if we deactivate wordfence.
    > I have not tried it. However, using other custom login plugin just works fine.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Marcel Bosch
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Marcel,

Can you please send us a copy of the migration log too? So we can help investigate on the issue.
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    Please copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ ) and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Marcel Bosch
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Marcel,

I can see that the restoration was successful.

I suspect that the issue is due to a WordFence plugin that is installed on your site. Our migration guide suggests that you disable any caching or security plugins as it is known to cause issues when migration/cloning a website.

You can try to access the site via FTP and temporarily deactivate the plugin. See if that fixes the site and then you can re-activate the plugin after.

Regards,
    Bryle

Marcel Bosch
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Marcel,

Are you able to provide me WordPres and FTP access please? I will check first hand.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Marcel Bosch
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Marcel,

Thanks! Yes, the link is not shown to other users.

I will test and see if I can reproduce the same issue. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Bryle

Marcel Bosch
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Marcel,

I’m doing the test now. I will get back as soon as I have finished testing.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Bryle Crodua

Hi Marcel,

I’ve found out that the issue is coming from the theme that you are using. Base on the PHP error log, I could see this “[13-Jul-2020 15:03:11 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function Theme\Licenses\acf_get_setting() in /var/www/html/wp-content/themes/dehof/src/lib/Licenses/AdvancedCustomFieldsPro.php:85”.

Please ask the developers of your theme as to why that is.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘First experience with paid version and totally failed with clone’ is closed to new replies.