FTP backup configuration – GoDaddy

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin FTP backup configuration – GoDaddy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Willman Golden
    Participant

Hi! I got my Google Drive backup working, but can’t get an FTP backup to a GoDaddy server working. I’m using the exact parameters I use with my FileZilla FTP product. Is there anything special I need to do for GoDaddy? Thanks!
    -Bill

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Bill,

If the same details work in FileZilla, then the most likely problem is that there’s a firewall in between your GoDaddy server and FTP server (whereas there isn’t between your PC and the FTP server). So, you should ask GoDaddy about that.

Best wishes,
    David

Willman Golden
    Participant

I was hoping someone had already run into this situation, given the size of those two things (FileZilla and GoDaddy). :-) I will contact GoDaddy. Thanks, David!

Willman Golden
    Participant

One more thing. Both servers (by FTP and the WordPress server) are within the same GoDaddy account. Go figure. I’m trying to get a handle on this before I offer it to my client.

Willman Golden
    Participant

Have been working with GoDaddy and it should be working fine. My theory is that, since both this WP installation and my backup location are on the came virtual server, it won’t log in because it already is. Just a theory. I am going to do more testing.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Willman,

That can’t be it. FTP logins are transient, and you can have multiple at the same time.

What do GoDaddy mean by saying “it should be working fine” ? That’s not very informative! If they control both the webserver and the FTP server, then they can, in about 2 minutes, stick a network trace on it to see exactly what it *is* doing, rather than what it *should* be doing.

Feel free to send me the FTP login details to [email protected] – then I can type them in to one of my WP installs, so that we can narrow it down to the particular webserver you’re on (rather than the code itself – though, given the size of GoDaddy as you say, it’s unlikely there’s a generic problem). I think I have seen cases where GoDaddy have firewalled servers before – I can find two cases of that in a quick search of our email archive.

David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘FTP backup configuration – GoDaddy’ is closed to new replies.