FTP backup doesn't work

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Laurent
    Participant

Hi,

I don’t know what’s suddenly going on, but it seems that since the last updraft update, ftp doesn’t work.

I get the following error:

FTP test results: Failure: we successfully logged in, but were not able to create a file in the given directory.

Code E_warning: ftp_nb_input():Accepted data connection (line 773, wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/sftp.php)

Please help,
    Laurent.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

There weren’t any changes in the FTP code in at least the last 6 UD releases, so, it’s not to do with any recent changes. Googling that error message together with “PHP” suggests that you’re running a buggy PHP version that has a problem that only triggers in certain network conditions. What PHP version are you running? Can you upgrade?

David

Laurent
    Participant

Hi David,

I’m on php5.5.28 and it hasn’t changed the last few months.

Laurent
    Participant

I think I found the issue.

seems to be a conflict with plugin Database and Memory Usage Limits
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/database-and-memory-usage-limits/

Laurent
    Participant

Seems, I was wrong.
    It’s not related to the database plugin and I have this ftp error on any site I try to use it on different servers.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Laurent,

All the Googling I’ve done indicates that this particular error message is one that should never be seen, but can be seen if PHP’s FTP engine has a bug in it, triggered by certain network conditions. It’s interesting you say that you’re seeing it on multiple sites – what’s the commonality between those sites? i.e. What are the common factors? It feels like there ought to be some, because we’ve not seen any other reports yet, and there’s something like 50,000 UD users using FTP for their storage (and as I say, the UD code hasn’t had any changes recently).

David

udadmin
    Keymaster

Forgot to say – if your hosting company gives you options over different PHP versions, then I’d recommend experimenting with that.

David

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘FTP backup doesn't work’ is closed to new replies.