FTP doesn’t work

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Interlanguage
    Participant

Hi, we bought premium version to double up backup to GDrive and to a NAS via FTP.
    It doesn’t work the transfer via ftp, it makes log-in correctly but can’t write.
    With same credentials of course any another program could write (we try Filezilla and Transmit) and we try to disable ssl, don’t verify ssl certificates, use server’certificates but nothing change with error message.
    The strange thing is that the error came from sftp.php and not ftp.php as I can expect.

Messagges:
    * PHP event: code E_WARNING: ftp_nb_fput(): php_connect_nonb() failed: Operation now in progress (115) (line 926, wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/sftp.php)
    * PHP event: code E_WARNING: ftp_nb_fput(): Type set to I (line 926, wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/sftp.php)
    Interlanguage
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Can you make sure that UpdraftPlus has read/write permission to the folder destination?

Regards,
    Bryle

Snowest
    Participant

Hi if I disable the firewall on my router, I can do a backup over ftp.
    If the firewall is active it is not working anymore. I did port forward port 21 and in the firewall it is also allowed.

So I don’t understand why it is not working.

Thanks for the help

Bryle Crodua

Hi Snowest,

I have replied to the other ticket you’ve opened.

Regards,
    Bryle

Interlanguage
    Participant

All permssion are ok (and with the same user I can do anything with other program as I wrote).

Bryle Crodua

Hi Antonella,

I have just confirmed with our lead developer that this issue appears to be caused by a firewall.
    The specific warnings that you are seeing are ususally cause by the FTP control channel being open, but the data channel not (i.e. the server can initially connect to the FTP server, but cannot send data).

FileZilla and other clients are not experiencing this issue, as they are connecting from your local machine, rather than the webserver.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Interlanguage
    Participant

Thanks Bryle, but when I try with other client (Filezilla on Win or Transmit on Mac) obviously I was outside FTP network, so the firewall is the same.
    If it could be the firewall of web hosting I had to tell me which other port are involved to let them open that.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

To use a custom FTP port, add it after a colon to your FTP host. e.g. https://ftp.example.com:221
    Also try checking this FAQ for other ways to resolve issue – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/my-ftp-stopped-working-when-i-upgraded-to-updraftplus-premium/

Regards,
    Bryle

Interlanguage
    Participant

I have already tried all the SSL options and of course to use :21 after the address to be sure to use a custom and open port.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

It is likely that the firewall is blocking the data channel (FTP uses port 21 as a command channel, and arbitary ports for data channels).

You will need to ask your firewall admin to open port 21 and ports 1025 and above (Both firewalls on the FTP server and the webserver where the site is hosted).

Best Wishes
    Dee

Artur
    Participant

Same problem here, i can’t upload any backup anymore to my ftp server with version 2.16.27.24.
    Login works, but no file can be created.

I’m using the plugin also on other sites with version: 2.16.26.24 and with this version all works fine.
    Login data and settings are always the same.

No changes were done in the firewall, so i have to do with the new version.

Please check this out!

Best regards,
    Artur

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the latest backup log where the upload to FTP fails?

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can upload the file to an online service such as Pastebin or Dropbox and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Artur
    Participant

Hi Dee,

i don’t want to post the link here, on which adress should i send the file?

Best regards,
    Artur

Bryle Crodua

Hi Artur,

Please use our customer support form here – https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/ and ask it to be assigned to Dee.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘FTP doesn’t work’ is closed to new replies.