FTP Error/No such file or directory

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin FTP Error/No such file or directory

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Debby
    Participant

When attempting to back-up 2 different website installs on a remote location via FTP, I receive this error:

FTP settings test result: Failure: we successfully logged in, but were not able to create a file in the given directory.
    * PHP event: code: E_WARNING: ftp_nb_fput(): No such file or directory. (line 841, wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addonssftp.php)

I had always been able to connect on this website in the past. This failure was only after I moved the site. The FTP file folder directory is correct and the same as when it worked. Also have this exact same issue with one other site recently moved. Two other sites I have connect to FTP just fine after I moved them, so I can’t figure why these two can’t connect. On all, I have selected: Disable SSL entirely where possible.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Debby,

There appears to be a file permission issue, meaning UpdraftPlus or WordPress does not have the correct read or write permission to a certain folder or file.

Can you make sure that UpdraftPlus and WordPress has the correct file permission. The following article on Smashing Magazine is a good guide as to the file permissions/ownerships that are required for WordPress: https://www.smashingmagazine.com/2014/05/proper-wordpress-filesystem-permissions-ownerships/#file-and-folder-ownership-for-wordpress

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘FTP Error/No such file or directory’ is closed to new replies.