GoDaddy has Blocklisted UpdraftPlus

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin GoDaddy has Blocklisted UpdraftPlus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Kathy
    Participant

UpdraftPlus is now Blocklisted by GoDaddy on their managed WordPress hosting accounts.

Here is the link with details regarding this blocklist:
    https://www.godaddy.com/help/blocklisted-plugins-8964

I have contacted Updraft support regarding the blocklist of UpdraftPlus from GoDaddy’s hosting accounts, and the Updraft reply was: “Is your hosting with GoDaddy? We have just had a couple of reports regarding this. At this stage all I can say it is not a restriction imposed by us.”

That’s not acceptable. I am paying Updraft for 11 subscriptions, which I can no longer use.

I got the following emails from GoDaddy today for a few of my websites:

“UpdraftPlus Excessive File Alert
    Our engineering team has been alerted to a problem with UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin creating excessive files and using too many server resources on your account. While we investigate a resolution, we are temporarily suspending the use of this plugin.

In addition, we will be removing any UpdraftPlus backups that are older than seven days. The Managed WordPress Hosting Team maintains offsite daily backups for your site and those are always available within your account.

We have taken these steps to ensure that your website remains online. Should you have any questions, please contact our Customer Care Team.”

I would appreciate a response from Updraft on how this issue can be resolved with GoDaddy.

Kathy
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    James Crow
    Participant

I just received dozens of these emails as well. Need to know what I should do to help get the plugin up and running again.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

UpdraftPlus does have a feature that will auto-delete the files after the files are sent to a remote storage but it does need to create the files temporarily on the server. It seems that they want you to get their own backup service.

Thanks,
    Bryle

James Crow
    Participant

I use Dropbox to store my backups

James Crow
    Participant

It seems that the plugin can not be used on any GoDaddy hosting platform any longer.

There is only an option to Delete UpDraft on the Plugin page. It displays this message…

This plugin is not allowed on our system due to performance, security, or compatibility concerns. Please contact support with any questions.

Bryle Crodua

Hi James,

We definitely have added a feature where backups can only be stored in the remote storage but UpdraftPlus has to create the backup zip files temporarily on your local server before it sends to your remote storage. After backups are successfully sent to remote storage, UpdraftPlus will delete all the local files. We believe this was enough as a solution.

Thanks,
    Bryle

James Crow
    Participant

Nope, plugin is still blocklisted at GoDaddy so it no longer works at all and can not be turned on or updated.

Bobbi Owens
    Participant

I also use GoDaddy and received the GoDaddy email re: Updraft – Saturday morning 7/23/22.
    Although I only have ONE (1) subscription – and not multiple like Kathy – She is INDEED CORRECT:
    “I would appreciate a response from Updraft on how this issue can be resolved with GoDaddy”
    Updraft needs to work with GoDaddy to find a solution – OR – they have to refund all or a pro-rated portion of the subscription fees of their customers – it IS COMPLETELY unacceptable and BEYOND bad business NOT to do so – and I am sure UpDraft does not want to take on any legal issues etc.
    So – Further to this Conversation – This is what I found out – some is repeated in the thread – but to clarify:
    I CALLED GoDaddy – and was informed as said in the thread that they have disabled it on ALL GoDaddy customer accounts who are using it – because SOME people were allowing TOO many back-ups to Store on the GoDaddy site – so they did it as a sitewide/customer wide thing – Even if – like a lot of us – we DO NOT STORE our back-ups on the site – and they probably WILL NOT be re-instituting or allowing this plugin to be used if you Host with or Use GoDaddy.
    If you DO have back-ups set to save ON the site or your account – you have to speak to them to get them off – and you have a specified number of days to do it before you can’t anymore.
    So, AGAIN this was instituted for ALL customers – EVEN if you didn’t do back-ups all the time but monthly or Bi-monthly – Even if you did Manual Back-ups so you were Not taking up any storage space on the GoDaddy Site because you had your back-ups stored of Dropbox (Like I did) – or Google Drive or what have you.

Kathy
    Participant

Here’s the big problem: Updraft is not just for Backups, but because features are all bundled, ALL features are disabled by GoDaddy.

Updraft needs to come up with a new version of “UpdraftPlus for Managed WordPress” that restricts the number and size of back-ups to avoid violating the restrictive space constraints of GoDaddy’s shared hosting. That would get this plug-in off the blocklist.

I am paying a subscription to Updraft so that I can use Updraft Central to update plugins from a central dashboard. I can’t use that anymore and now need to log-in to all WordPress sites separately to perform plug-in updates. If Updraft can’t fix this problem by separating Updraft Central from the Backups functionality, then I will need to find an alternate central dashboard solution soon.

I also can no longer create a clone of my website using Updraft. These features of Updraft are separate from the backup issue, but none of UpdraftPlus features can be used while this backup space issue is unresolved.

GoDaddy is punishing all Managed WordPress users by not allowing UpdraftPlus due to issues with Backups using excessive storage space. Resolve the storage issue so this plug-in can be used again.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

As per this topic – https://wordpress.org/support/topic/updraftplus-has-been-disabled-as-a-plugin/
    One of my colleague confirmed that we’ve already reached to GoDaddy about this.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Chris Nielsen
    Participant

So far, GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting – UpdraftPlus is blocked.

But, GoDaddy CPanel hosting UpdraftPlus is still working.

GoDaddy is not a trustworthy company any more for some time. Also overcharging for everything.

I use UpdraftPlus for offsite backups (Dropbox). For what it’s worth, better to have offsite backups away from hosting.

Bobbi Owens
    Participant

Chris – I actually agree with everything you said – including – not trustworthy anymore – AND – “better to have Off-site back-ups” which is what I was using UpDraft for (Saved to Dropbox) – HOWEVER, I only had ONE subscription – so $12 bucks and I had JUST renewed so was only like 4-5 weeks into a new subscription – And yes – either way – Money is Money – BUT – KATHY – who started this thread and others use it differently – and pay A LOT of money I suspect – and this has caused MAJOR problems it appears for them – so I DO HOPE UpDraft will make it “right” financially at least for them – when UpDraaft get this all solved – OR NOT solved – depending on what they decide to do going forward.

Michael
    Participant

I also use UpdraftPlus on GoDaddy, and GoDaddy blocked it as of a few days ago. I called GoDaddy support and they could not tell me when or if this would be resolved. My backups are stored in Google Drive, not on GoDaddy storage.

Is UpdraftPlus working with GoDaddy to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Mike

Bryle Crodua

Hi Mike,

Yes, we have already reached out to Godaddy. We are hoping for a positive response from them.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘GoDaddy has Blocklisted UpdraftPlus’ is closed to new replies.