Google SIte kit creates file upload error to Google Drive/UpdraftPlus

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Google SIte kit creates file upload error to Google Drive/UpdraftPlus

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    pathmedia
    Participant

Installing the new (beta) Google Site kit plugin seems to create issues with UpdraftPlus when connected to Google Drive remote storage. The backup completes but fails to copy files to Google Drive. Deactivating Google Site Kit resolves the problem and UpdraftPlus runs as expected. Have not tried to connect to other remote storage options.

I know Site Kit is still in beta but wanted to send this should the issue be on UpdraftPlus side. Big fan of UpdraftPlus and the new Site Kit plugin simplifies connecting Google search console, analytics, etc. Hopefully soon both plugins will work well with each other.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please can you also let the developers of the plugin know about this conflict with UpdraftPlus?

Regards,
    Bryle

Esam
    Participant

I’m facing the same problem. Any update on the subject?

Michael
    Participant

I am also having the same issue.

Michael
    Participant

The error message received is:

PHP Fatal error (TypeError) has occurred during deleteset subaction. Error Message: Argument 1 passed to Google_Client::__construct() must be of the type array, object given, called in /home/jwocinfo17/domains/dev.jwoc.info/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/methods/googledrive.php on line 721 (Code: 0, line 92 in /home/jwocinfo17/domains/dev.jwoc.info/wp-content/plugins/google-site-kit/vendor/google/apiclient/src/Google/Client.php)

Michael
    Participant

Google Github issue reported here by another UpdraftPlus user:

https://github.com/google/site-kit-wp/issues/246

Esam
    Participant

Yes, I did report it to google GitHub. But I think your direct communication with Google regarding Site Kit conflict/bug would be much helpful to get a result!

Michael
    Participant

From a post on Google Site kit’s github page referring to this issue:

“Sounds like a dependency conflict.

UpdraftPlus includes version 1.1.4 of the Google API PHP client, while Site Kit includes version 2.x.”

This issue needs to be addressed as Google Site Kit is becoming very “hot” in the WP plugin space.

UpdraftPlus folks, comment?

Bryle Crodua

Hi Michael,

I will forward this to our development team. So they can include the update on our next update/release.

Regards,
    Bryle

Bryle Crodua

Hi Michael,

I’ve got a word from one of our lead developers.

We use the older version of Google API PHP to maintain backwards compatibility with older PHP and WordPress versions. Google Site Kit should also not be loading the Google API on another plugin’s page.

Please could you ask the Google Site kit developer’s if it is possible to prevent that plugin from running on specific wp-admin pages?

Regards,
    Bryle

Michael
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

I’ll be glad to post your response on the github issues page opened by another user. However, I strongly suggest that you or your developers respond on the page yourselves instead of having me or another UpdraftPlus user be the go between. I think it’s best if your technical folks discuss this with their technical folks.

Here’s the link to the github issue:

https://github.com/google/site-kit-wp/issues/246

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Google SIte kit creates file upload error to Google Drive/UpdraftPlus’ is closed to new replies.