Have not yet obtained an access token from Google

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Have not yet obtained an access token from Google

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Slice Studio
    Participant

Hello after swapping an uprdraft backup from FTP to Google Drive I am having issues. The message in WordPress is:

Have not yet obtained an access token from Google – you need to authorise or re-authorise your connection to Google Drive.

However I have established a link and it has completed one backup to my Google Drive, but for whatever reason it will not backup?

Any ideas?

Kind regards
    Mark

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Mark,

Could you please send us a copy of the log for a failed backup?
    This log can be found in the Existing Backups tab of the UpdraftPlus dashboard.

You can use an online service such as pastebin to upload the contents, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    David

Slice Studio
    Participant

Thanks for your reply David, you can download the log file here: https://we.tl/beIO3nMMJc

Let me know your thoughts.

Kind regards
    Mark

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Mark,

The log file indicates that UpdraftPlus does not have the token to access Google Drive. This indicates that the authentication process is not completing correctly.

Could you run the following test with your browser’s developer tools?

• In your browser, open your Developer Tools (instructions on how to do this for each major browser can be found here)
    • Open the ‘Console’ tab if it is not already open
    • Reload the page and attempt to reauthorise with Google Drive

Do you see any errors appear in the developer console? Could you send me a copy of screenshot of those errors?

Best Wishes,
    David

Slice Studio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Slice Studio
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Slice Studio
    Participant

David, I have just re-read your instructions from your website and for some reason I skipped past this important statement:

Final note before beginning: every WordPress installation you set up should have its own, unique Google API project (that’s a unique API project, as in the notes below, not a unique Google account) . Google have not documented this anywhere, but several users have found that access to their Google Drive can randomly fail unless this is done. This might be a glitch somewhere in the innards of Google Drive – but it can’t be fixed from this end, so you will need to do this.

I am trying this now as I put all my sites under one project before.

Kind regards
    Mark

Slice Studio
    Participant

Hi David, just to clarify the issue is now sorted, it was my mistake for not reading your instructions properly, sorry!

It was VERY important that each website that is to be backed up by Updraft via Google Drive has it’s OWN unique API project but does NOT need to have its own Google account, the problem I had was that I created each of my website backups under one API project and made various credentials, this was the problem.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards
    Mark

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Mark,

Glad it is working for you now.

Best Wishes,
    David

Richard
    Participant

I was having the same issue.
    SO, does this mean that if I have four WordPress installations that I need a SEPARATE Google API Project for EACH installation? I was of the opinion that I could have a (single) Google Project named UpdraftPLUS and create unique CREDENTIALS for each installation, but use the same project for all of the unique credentials.

Richard. . .

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Richard,

We recommend a separate Google API project for each installation.
    While it is possible for more than one UpdraftPlus installation to share a single Google project, we have found in the past that this can lead to authentication and access issues.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Have not yet obtained an access token from Google’ is closed to new replies.