Help – Fatal Error after backup

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Help – Fatal Error after backup

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Alexa
    Participant

I purchased Updraft Plus Premium – and I went to do one last manual backup before I moved to the premium version (which meant I had to de-activate the plugin and then delete it) – SO… hit “backup now”

Then got a fatal error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in D:\Hosting\4662999\html\wp\wp-admin\includes\post.php on line 281

I didn’t do anything else between the back up now and the error. Now I’m locked out of my WP-Admin. I tried to manually move Updraft Free to a plugins.deactivated folder on the server and it said I didn’t have access to that file.

Please help – I’m somewhat panicked –

Thank you –

I was going to use Migrator to move it to the Root folder but right now the website is here:
    https://www.slatecap.com/wp

Alexa
    Participant

Ugh – got it. Managed to squirm my way through the dreaded GoDaddy (Client’s choice – not mine!) to the wp-config file and made the memory change. Sorry to panic the forum! :)

udadmin
    Keymaster

For anyone else reading this – if your WordPress setup is set up with a really low memory limit, then you’re likely to see out-of-memory errors once you install more than a handful of plugins (any plugins – not UD specifically). To fix it, add this to your wp-config.php:

define(‘WP_MEMORY_LIMIT’, ‘256M’);

David

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Help – Fatal Error after backup’ is closed to new replies.