HELP migrating a clone to replace site

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin HELP migrating a clone to replace site

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    patti3
    Participant

First, I purchased Updraft Clone. All went well and I have a good looking site with a new theme.

Next, I wanted to migrate it to replace the original site. I thought the purchase of Updraft Clone would allow me to do that, only to find out that I also had to purchase Updraft Migrate add-on.

I purchased that, but my installation does not see it as a upgrade / add-on to activate!! The installation instructions say to de-install the free version and reinstall the new purchase (which didn’t include the clone feature??) so I went ahead and purchase UpdraftPremium personal!

STILL – the settings on the plug-in do not show where I can activate this. It looks like I indeed have to deinstall the plugin first, but WHERE? On which site? The ORIGINAL SITE? or the CLONE???

I’m beyond frustrated. I hope someone can let me know because I don’t want to uninstall it and somehow lose the ability to migrate the clone.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for inconvenience.

Were you able to successfully complete the install guide here – https://updraftplus.com/support/installing-updraftplus-premium-your-add-on/ ?
    If not, at which step are you stuck and what error message are you getting?

Regards,
    Bryle

patti3
    Participant

I was finally able to migrate the site. I had multiple errors trying to send or receive a backup from the clone to the site or vice versa, but finally downloaded backups to Dropbox and uploaded them. Then restored them individually, since the site was over a gig. Thank you.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Great! Glad you were able to successfully migrate your site.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘HELP migrating a clone to replace site’ is closed to new replies.