Help to understand better the license system

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Help to understand better the license system

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Taisa
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Ok, I have bought the premium plugin with 10 sites some time ago, because I am starting as freelance Web designer. But I only used one license, because I was afraid of wasting them without being able to recover them.

I have read that is how it works. So I don’t know what to do, and if it is worth it to keep it for next renewal, and get only the migrator, that is what I use the most, all the time.

What happens when the year ends and you do not renew? You have to change the plugin for the normal one again? Also if you didn’t activated the premium account? (only for migrator). I think that would be not nice for my customer if I make a site and left the updraftplus backups configured, and some months or at most a year later all stops working. What happens in that case?

And when you renew, must I do something on the sites or all just keeps working?

What happens with the customers that stop being my customers? Can I next year at least get my license back or is it lost forever? That is one of the reasons because I didn’t want to activate the premium. :) I don’t know how long will they stay.

How do the other people that does web design and/or web maintenance do this? I would be so glad to know. :)

Thanks!

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

>”What happens when the year ends and you do not renew? You have to change the plugin for the normal one again?”
    The premium version of the plugin will continue to function after the licences expire. However, you will no longer receive updates or be able to reinstall the plugin. The plugin will also display a notice in WP Admin that the licence has expired.

>”And when you renew, must I do something on the sites or all just keeps working?”
    When renewing normally, no action should be required on the site. However, if you wish to instead purchase just the Migrator add-on, you would need to uninstall and reinstall from a fresh download.

>”What happens with the customers that stop being my customers? Can I next year at least get my license back or is it lost forever?”
    While it is not currently possible to reset the licences from the frontend, if you let us know here or via our support form, we are happy to reset licences that are attached to sites you no longer manage.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Help to understand better the license system’ is closed to new replies.