How to recover my website after WP Crash

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin How to recover my website after WP Crash

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    katy3
    Participant

Hi there I have performed a WP update on my web page but during the update the site froze and now will not recover, I have a HTTP ERROR 500, this page is not working, so I can’t recover the site from the updraft backup (performed just before the update). Can someone assist please?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

A ‘500 Server error’ is a generic error code that indicates that ‘something’ has gone wrong on the server itself.

You could contact your hosts/server admin and ask them to check the PHP error logs. The logs should contain further information on the exact error that is occurring.

Regards,
    Bryle

katy3
    Participant

It seems to be the WP dashboard that is crashed rather than my website, I just can’t get access to the WP dashboard because it won’t let me log in.

Can you help?

katy3
    Participant

Hi
    I was performing the WP update when the site froze, all I see now is HTTP ERROR 500 this site isn’t working, so I can’t recover the website from the Updraftplus backup I did just before the update attempt. I have contacted my provider who has checked the info.php file which has no errors. My website appears to be working correctly, however I cannot access the admin screen in WP to alter the site. The error occurred during the download of files in the update.

Could someone assist please?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to recover my website after WP Crash’ is closed to new replies.