I want to keep Old Backup files with New Backup Files

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin I want to keep Old Backup files with New Backup Files

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Marit
    Participant

Hi

I want to keep 2 sets of backup of my site each time. That means when the scheduled backup starts it will not delete and replace the previous one. I would like to keep 2 to 3 previous backups. As I have to modify several sites and sometimes I need the previous file to restore, I want to keep my old backup files too. Is there a option to do that automatically? or I have to manually download my files once backup taken? I use Google Drive as backup storage. Please let me know about the process as I already lost one of my sites due to this.

Many Thanks
    Marit

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Marit,

I think you are looking for the “retain this many backups” option, which is near the top of the settings page.

David

Marit
    Participant

Hi David

I just taken a backup using the advised setting. It keeps the old one but I am a little confused as for the second backup it just keeps the new db and removes the old db. so how will it be to get the old db? Can you please check and help on this issue?

Many Thanks
    Marit

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Marit,

Can you explain that again, please? The second sentence says “it keeps the old one” and then says “‘[it] removes the old db”, which seems to say the opposite!

David

Marit
    Participant

Hi David

There were 5 files (zipped) in old backup including the db backup file. and when I have taken the new backup, it shows 9 files including the db backup file (it shows the latest date I have taken backup). But to me there should be 10 files with 2 db backup files. As the old db backup file is not there, I cannot restore my old site…. Please advise what to do.

Many Thanks
    Marit

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Marit,

How many zips there are depends on how big your site is (UpdraftPlus will split content of the same kind (e.g. plugins, themes) into a second zip, if it needs to, depending on your settings). So, this question is hard to answer. The best thing to do is to consult your backup report. Have you set an option to be emailed report when a backup completes? If not, then I’d recommend setting one – and then read what the email says.

Best wishes,
    David

Marit
    Participant

Hi David

Yes I already set the email system for getting updates about backup. here is the last one I have taken and report:
    ==================================================
    Plugins (files: 1)
    backup_2014-04-11-0921_Motorbike_Rentals_dbe32639dc1b-plugins.zip
    Size: 15.6 Mb, SHA1 checksum: 8c055466bd79a6289b4eeeb2f9f95bd44d1c6d62
    Themes (files: 1)
    backup_2014-04-11-0921_Motorbike_Rentals_dbe32639dc1b-themes.zip
    Size: 2.2 Mb, SHA1 checksum: 3b7ee02e36342203c79a52b6ae81ac1dae4196d4
    Uploads (files: 1)
    backup_2014-04-11-0921_Motorbike_Rentals_dbe32639dc1b-uploads.zip
    Size: 42 Mb, SHA1 checksum: d720a2efdc32d67ceaced07a82887dfad7ac76dd
    Others (files: 1)
    backup_2014-04-11-0921_Motorbike_Rentals_dbe32639dc1b-others.zip
    Size: 106.4 Mb, SHA1 checksum: 4ac090330b9263d40e066889ca112aaecd21247f
    Database (files: 1)
    backup_2014-04-11-0921_Motorbike_Rentals_dbe32639dc1b-db.gz
    Size: 1.7 Mb, SHA1 checksum: f159c14cb063841a17302fe3b3f7621cbe384957
    ====================================================
    And also it has the previous backup, but unfortunately it is a total of: 5 files(current) + 4 Files (previous) = 9 files
    and found the previous database backup file is relapsed with the current database backup file.

Please advise if there is any option to keep the old database backup file intact.

Many Thanks
    Marit

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Marit,

Please can you send a copy of the log file for the backup which you think is missing the database? Also, a screenshot of the backup files you have would be good, for comparison. Send to: [email protected]

David

Marit
    Participant

Dear David

Ok, Will send it soon.

Many Thanks
    Marit

Marit
    Participant

Dear David

Hello again.

I have found a new problem here while setup with the advised settings you gave me to keep 2 backups at a time on the backup store location.
    While checking I found it keeps 4 backups for each site. here is the settings what I have configured in the updraftplus settings area:

File backup intervals: Monthly , and retain this many backups: 2
    Database backup intervals: Monthly, and retain this many backups: 2

I am using Google Drive as the backup storage and it is properly authenticated to each site plugins (updraftplus).

Many Thanks
    Marit

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Marit,

Can you post your backup log file? Send it to [email protected]

David

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘I want to keep Old Backup files with New Backup Files’ is closed to new replies.