Images and Uploads Not Migrating

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Images and Uploads Not Migrating

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jeff70
    Participant

Hi there!
    Glad to have found UpdraftPlus. Bought it to make this process so much easier for the 10 or so sites I’m migrating.

The first site I’m attempting to move has some issues, though.
    It looks like the site itself, Core wordpress, Database was fine. I did a “Restore” the first time. Second time tried a “Migrate.” Then restore… a few times, etc.

Looks like the Uploads just aren’t transferring to the new site. I have Uploads.zip through uploads10.zip.

I usually get a lot of these errors:
    PHP event: code E_NOTICE: Trying to get property of non-object (line 109, wp-content/themes/simple-church-theme-v1/extensions/event-post-type.php)

Then eventually:
    Restore failed…
    Error: Existing unremoved folders from a previous restore exist (please use the “Delete Old Directories” button to delete them before trying again): /users/abilenebic.com/htdocs/wp-content/uploads-old

Actions: Return to UpdraftPlus Configuration

When I delete old directies (followin ghte button I clicked on) it says:
    This backup does not exist in the backup history – restoration aborted. Timestamp: 1510243500

I have read about a file problem with multiple … in the filename. I’ve looked and haven’t seen any files like that.
    I upload the error log to my dropbox:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/uanvw03ydxuzilv/Error%20Logs%20Abilene.txt?dl=0

jeff70
    Participant
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

From the logs, it appears that the “PHP event: code E_NOTICE: Trying to get property of non-object” message is from an extension in your theme. However, it should not affect the backup further than outputting the log message (UpdraftPlus sets any notices or error messages to output to the backup log).

Please could you use the ‘Delete Old Directories’ button if applicable, then go to the Existing Backups tab? Click on the ‘Uploads’ button to download the backup files to the server.
    This will ensure that the files are already present when the restoration starts.
    Then, begin the restoration again, selecting only the Uploads and ‘Others’ section of the backup.

Best Wishes,
    David N

jeff70
    Participant

It says:
    Error: Download failed
    backup_2017-11-09-1605_Abilene_BIC_Church_ba9743eb6388-uploads2.zip: Google Drive Error: File not found

Strange… it showed graphs as though it was downloading them when I was on the new site.
    What now?
    I did try putting a 25MB limit on the files, fyi. That didn’t help.

jeff70
    Participant

Scratch that – I clicked on the Upload thing again and all the files checked out okay.

Then I did the restore and got this message a whole bunch of times:

Looking for uploads archive: file name: backup_2017-11-09-1605_Abilene_BIC_Church_ba9743eb6388-uploads.zip
    File is not locally present – needs retrieving from remote storage (Google Drive)
    Error
    Archive is expected to be size: 411474.6 KB: OK
    Looking for uploads archive: file name: backup_2017-11-09-1605_Abilene_BIC_Church_ba9743eb6388-uploads2.zip
    File is not locally present – needs retrieving from remote storage (Google Drive)
    Error

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

If you check the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of the site (via FTP or your hosting file manager), are the files listed in the error present?

• backup_2017-11-09-1605_Abilene_BIC_Church_ba9743eb6388-uploads2.zip
    • backup_2017-11-09-1605_Abilene_BIC_Church_ba9743eb6388-uploads.zip

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Images and Uploads Not Migrating’ is closed to new replies.