Images being deleted after restore ?!?!?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Images being deleted after restore ?!?!?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wcm-tools
    Participant

Hi. Experiencing some weird behaviors out of WordPress. Thought I’d throw out an Updraft-specific question and also see if anyone has any ideas for how we might address this.

Yesterday, at some point, our System user took it upon itself to delete a bunch of images from the main WordPress site in our multisite network. We can successfully restore the site from backups, but within a minute or so, the System user begins deleting files again.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? I’ve got several sysadmins and devs looking at this and everyone’s coming up empty.

Regardless, I’d like to disable the automatic Updraft backup that seems to trigger immediately after a successful restore. (The backup can’t be completed before the System user starts deleting files again, and I’d like to eliminate some noise and variable.)

How do I disable this post-restore backup feature? I haven’t found anything about it in documentation or the interface, at least not yet.

THANKS!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

UpdraftPlus does not backup the site after restore. UpdraftPlus automatic backup feature is only triggered if you update your theme, plugin or WordPress.

However, could send us restoration or backup logs?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your site via FTP.
    You can send the log file as an attachment or copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

joe
    Participant

Sounds like something I ran into. I was deleting some variant products in woocommerce and when the variant product was deleted, it deleted the media assets too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Images being deleted after restore ?!?!?’ is closed to new replies.