Incremental backup

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Participant

Is the backup incremental? So in case I upload one big folder, the next time it will only update the changes.

let me know. Thanks.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

All backups are full backups (incremental backups are planned, but no timescale yet). One way to reduce the size of the backup is to take a one-time backup of folders in wp-content/uploads, and then exclude past years + months (remember to keep your one-time backup safe, of course).

David

Arno
    Participant

I’ve been trying this, but without succes.
    Could you please explain what I’m doing wrong?

These are the steps I follow:
    1. site A: backup complete uploads folder
    2. site B: restore backup
    3. site A: set excluded folders
    4. site A: backup uploads
    5. site A: set excluded folders (not setting these, doesn’t make a difference)
    6. site B: restore latest uploads

Result:
    Site B ends up with ONLY the files of the latest backup in the uploads folder.
    All the previous restored files are gone.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Arno,

When restoring sections of the site, UpdraftPlus will remove the existing files in that section (the old file are temporarily stored in directories labelled with ‘-old’).

To migrate the Uploads in the way you describe, you would need to manually restore the latest uploads via FTP (The UpdraftPlus backup archives are standard ZIP files).

Best Wishes,
    David N

udadmin
    Keymaster

Incremental backups (which just back up the changed files) are now released as a new feature – in UpdraftPlus Premium 2.16.0.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Incremental backup’ is closed to new replies.