Installation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Audrey
    Participant

I renewed an expired UpdraftPlus Premium installation. The “renew” link in the wp-admin did not remove the warnings that my license was expired, so i tried reinstalling it. That didnt work either, so i deleted it from wp and tried to reinsstall fresh and i kept getting something telling me to select a file, but that was the only thing on the page and no way to bring anything to the page. My final try was to manually delete it (i could see it in ftp browser) and manually reinstall and my error now is: The plugin does not have a valid header.

UpdraftPlus does not show in my list of plugins, but when i try to search for it as a new plugin, it sees it and offers for me to activate it. When i try, i get: The plugin does not have a valid header.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Audrey,

It appears that the update has failed partway.

The best solution is to manually remove ‘updraftplus’ folder via FTP from the ‘wp-content/plugins/’ directory.

Then manually upload the plugin via FTP. Download a fresh copy of the plugin from our install guide here. Then, unzip and upload to ‘wp-content/plugins’ so it becomes ‘wp-content/plugins/updraftplus’.

After uploading the files, you can then activate the add-ons and connect plugin to UpdraftPlus.com from your WordPress dashboard.

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Audrey
    Participant

For the second time, I manually removed the UpdraftPlus folder from the Plugins directory, downloaded a fresh copy, unzipped it and transferred the contents to the plugins directory. I am getting the same result. UpdraftPlus doesn’t show up in the plugins list. If I search it in the “add plugin” function, it shows up as installed and offers to activate. When I click the activate button it takes me to a page that says “The plugin does not have a valid header.”. No other content on the page.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Audrey,

Apologies for the delay.

Would it be possible to allow us access to the site’s WP Admin, so we can inspect the issue directly? Access to the site via FTP would also be useful, if possible.

If so, please could you open a ticket here, and ask for it to be assigned to David N:
    https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Installation’ is closed to new replies.