Issue with License Registration – URGENT

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Issue with License Registration – URGENT

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

Hello Support,
    I have received a message from a David Anderson saying that this request has been answered on the day I submitted it, but there has not been an answer.
    So he says I should post it in the forum, which I am doing now.
    Can you please answer my request below ASAP?
    Thank you

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

I can confirm from our ticket system that you did received a same-day reply to this issue. I recommend checking your spam folders.

Here is a copy-paste of the most recent reply:

Your issue is not one that has been experienced before (after 3 million downloads), so please bear with us. I have reset the licence server record for your purchase, so please do not be surprised to not see any sites currently listed in your account.

Please can you send me a WP login for two of the website manifesting the problem, so that I can investigate. Since it is a previously unseen problem, we will need direct access to be able to analyse the problem. Failing that, I can send you some SQL commands to enter, if you are confident with that.

David

Peter
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Thank you. The issue was the one suspected in the support reply of October 10th; I’ll copy and paste that here for reference – but, it shouldn’t be possible to recur again (as modern versions of UD actively prevent it).

It’s now been fixed and you can now see both sites listed in your account at updraftplus.com.

Hi Peter,

Was one site cloned from the other (i.e. a backup from one was restored to the other)? I’m wondering if there’s a duplicate site ID – that was possible in the past (apologies!).

To fix that, you’ll need to log in to your web hosting control panel, and find phpMyAdmin, and access the database for the site that is *not* currently shown in your UpdraftPlus account. Then, execute this SQL command, using the link in phpMyAdmin for executing SQL:

DELETE FROM wp_options WHERE option_name=’updraftplus-addons_siteid’;

You will need to change the wp_options prefix in the line above to match the actual name of your options table, which you’ll be able to spot in phpMyAdmin – the wp_ prefix is the bit that can vary. (You can also read it out of your wp-config.php file for the relevant site).

Then, after doing that, you should go back to UpdraftPlus on that site, and re-connect and re-claim the add-ons. Then all should be well.

David

David

udadmin
    Keymaster

Just to be clear – I’ve done the necessary steps for you. You don’t need to do anything now.

David

Peter
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Peter
    Participant

Hi Updraft,
    I have now proceeded to register the third site,
    burning.peterjacobs.ch

As you will see, the problem is still the same:

Before the registration showed

– waterflow
    – aum

Now the registration shows

– Burning
    – Aum

We will need to stay with this, until it is 100% solved.

Thank you for a quick reply

Peter
    Participant

Before you do anything….I will now do what you told me to do in the above solution – and report back to you.

In the meantime: Can you tell me the SQL so that I can read out what the current site ID is of my websites?

THANKS
    Peter

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Peter,

Presumably that site was also cloned from one of the others? It can be fixed with the fix described in my previous post, which should be carried out on the site not currently listed (which should then be re-connected).

Best wishes,
    David

Peter
    Participant

Thanks david, yes, I had just realized it after posting. I’ll report back.

Peter
    Participant

Hi David,
    I did exactly as prescribed.
    The Site ID’s are as follows (I know how to get them now)

Waterflow Site ID: 1fd2263b5c50ae3b4b3a3482d1d77c97
    Burning Site ID: b02d5e7c593a8e2d7d0855833a90b7e3

The Problem is still there. Whenever I register one site, the other disappears.

Thanks for Feedback

Peter

Peter
    Participant

Hi,
    yes these websites have been copied by the Duplicator Plugin.
    This is a mechanism I will absolutely want and need to use in the future.
    It seems that you have some other entries in some tables in wp that are causing a conflict.
    Can you please analyse this and supply me with an exact list of what to delete after copying and before registering.
    If I don’t have that, I have to uninstall the plugin and completely reinstall it and that is more work for me.
    Thank you very much
    Peter

Peter
    Participant

..is it?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi peter,

The Problem is still there.

To resolve it, on the site that’s currently *not* showing as registered, run this SQL:

DELETE FROM wp_options WHERE option_name=’updraftplus-addons_siteid’;

(Change the wp_ prefix to match your actual prefix).

If I don’t have that, I have to uninstall the plugin and completely reinstall it and that is more work for me.

That won’t fix it.

yes these websites have been copied by the Duplicator Plugin.

This is where it’s coming from. Duplicator is faithfully duplicating absolutely everything; the two sites are identical, and present themselves to updraftplus.com’s licence manager as if they were the same site. To fix this, you need to run the SQL above, after duplicating. Alternatively, use UpdraftPlus’s “Migrator” instead, which does this automatically.

Best wishes,
    David

udadmin
    Keymaster

P.S. The forum’s changed my simple quotes to fancy quotes in the SQL above. You should enter just the simple quote.

David

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Issue with License Registration – URGENT’ is closed to new replies.