Locked out – Migration did not work

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Locked out – Migration did not work

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Sarah
    Participant

Hello tried to migrate an old domain site to a new site. Followed all the steps correctly however migration failed (main reason of the purchase of the plug in) and now I can’t even get into my website. When I enter my administration credentials I’m locked out and get this message….

unused

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Sarah
    Participant

I was able to get in to the site however still trying to see what happened with the migration :)

Sarah
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Sarah
    Participant

Finally,

What does the error message “PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT(-10)” mean?

I’ve check this out but I am not certain about uploading the zips directly to the FTP. When I try to download all the files to my computer indivudually (themes, files…etc). it always times out (the network connection was lost) so I don’t have any files on my computer only the giant log file that I receive through email backups.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Sarah,

Apologies for not responding sooner.

Was the guide sufficient, or do you have any further questions on the error?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Sarah
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

You may need to take a new backup on the original site, and then restore those backup files.
    Our migration guide contains several alternative methods for transferring the backup files to the new site (step3):
    https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/

Best Wishes,
    David N

Sarah
    Participant

Hi David,

I see that the website is loading now on the main domain name however I still cannot get the uploads imported. Most of the images on the website are blank on the new website. Every time I try to download the “uploads” via your plugin they consistantly “time out.”

error network connection lost

or I get this message Unexpected response:

{“result”:”needs_download”,”request”:{“type”:”uploads”,”timestamp”:”1487567424″,”findex”:0}}{“result”:”downloaded”}

I’ve tried having them download directly to DropBox and then placing them on my desktop, unzipping them and uploading manually to the FTP however when I try to unzip the Upload.zip that was downloaded automatically through Drop Box it says the file is empty….

Spending so much time on this. Any reason why things aren’t backing up correctly?

Sarah
    Participant

Hi There,

I was able to ftp the photos to my desktop and then put them into the new directories. Just curious as to why it doesn’t back up correctly or say the file is empty. If my website were to go down I would just be worried that the back ups wouldn’t be sufficient.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Sarah,

Would it be possible to open a new ticket through our support form, and send us a link to a copy of the backup files?

https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

If you include the URL of this thread (https://updraftplus.com/forums/topic/locked-out-migration-did-not-work/), and ask for it to be assigned to David N, I will investigate further.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Locked out – Migration did not work’ is closed to new replies.