Looping backups have crashed our server!

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Looping backups have crashed our server!

• This topic has 6 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Ben Russell.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ben Russell
    Participant

Pretty pissed with this product and the multiple issues that are manifesting from its use.

Our server has crashed because updraftplus has been creating daily backups that have filled up the server disk space resulting in the key component of our website (the CRM) to crash.

Can someone explain how this is possible considering scheduled backups have been set to a maximum of two and have been configured to backup to our OneDrive account and not our localhost server??

Also, how do we fix the crtical errors now that we have freed up some space?

Ben Russell
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Ben Russell
    Participant

I have disabled the updraft plugin until a potential resolution.

I’ve managed to fix the critical errors in the backend but please let me know how to fix this issue if we are to continue using the plugin.

Backup settings not reflective of backups being saved
    Multiple backups when only two are configured

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

“Our server has crashed because updraftplus has been creating daily backups that have filled up the server disk space resulting in the key component of our website (the CRM) to crash.”
    > It is possible that the backup is failing to complete or settings is not setup properly.

Please could you send us a copy of the latest full backup log?
    This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Ben Russell
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

The log shows “0050.825 (0) Binary zip: error (code: 14 – look it up in the Diagnostics section of the zip manual at https://infozip.sourceforge.net/FAQ.html#error-codes for interpretation… and also check that your hosting account quota is not full)”

It appears that your disk space is already full. Please can you check and make sure there is more than enough space for the backups to be extracted?

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Ben Russell
    Participant

Bryle,

The server disk space was full because UpdraftPlus was creating daily backups without removing prior backups. In the WordPress Updraft dashboard settings are explicitly set to retain only two backups).

These backups were taking up over 40gb of space (14 days worth of backups), which ended up filling up the disk quota and crashing our website. Those backups were deleted before I started this support topic. You’re seeing the log that refers to the last successful backup before we disabled the plugin.

As I asked before. How can this be remedied so the same situation doesn’t occur in the future?

Asking for the benefit of the community since we’ve now dropped UpdratftPlus as our backup solution.

Thanks

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Looping backups have crashed our server!’ is closed to new replies.