Migrate local site to multisite…

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migrate local site to multisite…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    michael
    Participant

Yes, this is a bit odd but I thought UpdraftPlus could help do this. I have a domain with several test directories that each have WordPress installs of their own. I am trying to eliminate all the redundancy here by using the Multisite feature. I backed up the local site and uploaded the zip files to the multisite new location directory. I purchased the Migrator and Multisite add-ons and they are installed. However, I still get the error about trying to install a local site backup on a multisite network. How can I get past this? Without pooching the multisite network already in place? Thanks in advance…

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Michael,

Are you trying to turn a single site installation into a part of a multisite installation? UpdraftPlus doesn’t currently have any features for doing this, unfortunately – it can only backup, restore or clone an entire WP install. It mentions this on the Multisite add-on page: “UpdraftPlus backs up the entire network. It does not (yet) back up or restore sites within the network individually.” – https://updraftplus.com/shop/network-multisite/ . We’d love to add some features in this area, but it’s very complex, as WP isn’t internally cleanly separated enough to make it straightforward.

David

michael
    Participant

Hmm. Well, I missed that then. I tried searching your FAQs but didn’t see the answer I was looking for. And, being in a rush I purchased the add-ons before getting the answer. Ah well, maybe this post will help someone else. And, maybe someday those extra add-on purchases will come in handy. Unfortunately I was looking to move a few local sites that I use for development into multisite to eliminate some of the unnecessary WordPress files on the server. Thanks for the response and so far UpDraftPlus works great… thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrate local site to multisite…’ is closed to new replies.