migrate multisite problems

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    s.boeni
    Participant

Hi, i am trying to migrate my live multisite (two toplevel domains in two folder) to a new server for testing.
    obviously also need and have 2 new toplevel domains.
    i created a fresh backup on the source system and copied the backup files via ftp.
    on the destination server i created a new WP mulitsite and created the two sites in there with the two new top level domains

when i did the backup only one site as successfully migrated.

s.boeni
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

To help us find out the cause of the issue, please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    Please copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ ) and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

s.boeni
    Participant

Hi Bryle
    here is the migration log
    https://pastebin.com/B2HXsLri
    I have a feeling it may be related to the fact that I am using two Domain, not subdomain, but that should be fine since WP 4.5
    maybe updraft is not used to it?

s.boeni
    Participant

Hi Bryle, any updates on this?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thanks for sending the log.

As far as I can tell, the restoration was successful and there were no errors. I will have to ask my colleague about this.

Just to clarify though, did you migrate your multisite to a Multisite which already has a website installed?

Regards,
    Bryle

s.boeni
    Participant

Correct,
    – I installed new wordpress on the new server (The new server has two domains pointing to the same Apache On that Apache I set up the new WP as a multisite for the 2 domain)
    – Installed updraft
    – run the Migration

I would love to try this again but can’t as I have the updraft license already bound to that WP install

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the delay over the weekend.

By the way, UpdraftPlus can only migrate the entire multisite install. You cannot combine existing multisite with the UpdraftPlus backup if this is what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘migrate multisite problems’ is closed to new replies.