Migrate theme issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greeley Support
    Participant

Not sure if anyone can help or at least point me in the right direction.
    I migrated a website from Bluehost to Amazon linux AMI server. I created a brand new WP Site and when I try to restore the migration at the new site the Theme crashes the site. I have tried everything but the theme will not load no matter what I try.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Pasquale,

Does the error occur when trying to restore the Theme, or after the restoration was successful.

Do you see any errors?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Greeley Support
    Participant

Hi David,
    When I initially did a full restore I could not get back into the WP site no matter what I tried. I recreated the site about 5 time slowly narrowing it down to the theme. When I go to see a live preview of the site with that theme it gives a blank white page.

Pasquale

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Pasquale,

I’d suggest following the tips for dealing with a White Screen here: https://updraftplus.com/deal-white-screen-migrating/ . It sounds likely that your theme has a clash with your new hosting setup. The above guide may help you confirm that.

David

Greeley Support
    Participant

Thank you I will look through this.

Greeley Support
    Participant

I have a question. I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere. Can you run different versions of PHP on a server? If yes how and can I point 1 specific WP Site to use this version?

Thanks,
    Pasquale

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

As far as I am aware, running multiple versions of PHP on a server is not simple to set up, and is often not possible.

I would recommend enquiring on a help forum for Amazon AMI or servers in general. Stackoverflow is often a good starting point.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrate theme issue’ is closed to new replies.