Migrate/Clone

Tagged: ,

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Travis
    Participant

So I just purchased UpdraftPlus Premium version. I want to migrate my website to my PC and make some major changes with affecting the live site. And I’m having trouble using the ‘Migrate a WordPress site to a different location’ option. I clicked on the link to ‘please follow this link too update plugin in order to get it’ but there is nothing in sight about using migrate/clone, the option just isn’t there. Actually, everything on my site is up to date. It even reads, “Your plugins/themes are all up to date.”

FYI I have signed into my premium account, and I cleared my cache. And I understand that migrate/clone comes with the premium edition, right? So the question is what am I missing?

Thanks

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Travis,

Did you follow the instructions in the following guide:
    https://updraftplus.com/support/installing-updraftplus-premium-your-add-on/

The last step in the installation is performing a special update of the plugin to activate the add-ons. A link to start this update should appear at the top of the UpdraftPlus Settings page.

Travis
    Participant

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. And want to say again that I made sure that I am signed in and the cache is cleared.

Yes I have followed the instructions, but then I went back and looked over it again after you sent me the message. On the Addons section, under ‘UpdraftPlus Addons’ I see ‘All Addons Updraft Premium: brings access to all UpdraftPlus add-ons and support.’ with a big green check mark next to it. Does that mean all the add-ons should work?

Under ‘Current Status’ I click on ‘Clone/Migrate’ and I see the following message, ‘So you want to migrate or clone/duplicate a site?
    Then try out our “Migrator add-on. After using it once, you’ll have saved the purchase price conpared to the time needed to copy a site by hand”
    Get it here

I would have posted images instead of writing it out, but I don’t see a way to post my own image, I only noticed a way to link it to the website image.

I believe I am just stupidly missing something.

Thanks again.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

It sounds like UD isn’t fully installed.

I’ll send you the zip via email – when you receive it, you should de-activate + de-install your existing UD install; and then install+activate the attached zip.

Best wishes,
    David

Travis
    Participant

David,

Looks like it worked thank you.

Travis

Travis
    Participant

Hi,

Quick side question, if I’m downloading my site to work on it locally to just upload it back up to my site, do I need WordPress Network/Multisite install?

Thanks again,

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad you got it all sorted. No, that wouldn’t be necessary. Though, after doing so, if you restore your plugins then you’ll then have whatever version of UD was in the backup – but, you can then visit your “Updates” page to update back to the paid version.

David

office181
    Participant

Hi there,

I have exactly the same problem as described above. Already tried two times with a fresh download from the UP Homepage without success.

office181
    Participant

Hi There,

issue resolved – should have read the tip to deactivate the “automatic open save download” in safari before.

rusconi
    Participant

I have exactly the same problem as described above. Already tried two times with a fresh download from the UP Homepage without success.
    I Use Chrome

Bryle Crodua

Hi Rusconi,

Can you confirm that you are having issues with installing the plugin? If so, can you provide us more details please? Do you get any error message?

Regards,
    Bryle

rusconi
    Participant

I’ve just download a zip form site updraftplus.zip
    previusly the was named Sentinel_LDK_Run-time_setup.zip
    I connect with my account by mail e passw
    but whene try to clone receive

Do you want to migrate or clone/duplicate a site?

Then, try out our “Migrator” add-on which can perform a direct site-to-site migration. After using it once, you’ll have saved the purchase price compared to the time needed to copy a site by hand.

Get it here.

rusconi
    Participant

I try with a fresh installation and it’s work but in the old installatio dosn’t work

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

After installing and connecting the plugin to your account, please can you press the ‘If you bought new add-ons, then follow this link to refresh your connection’ link in the Premium/Extensions tab?
    You should then be shown a link to update and activate your add-ons.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrate/Clone’ is closed to new replies.