Migrating a stand-alone site into a network

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migrating a stand-alone site into a network

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Wayne
    Participant

Migrating a stand-alone site into a network – I guess I should of looked this up before buying the Migration Add-On.

I get the following error:

Errors:
    Error: You are running on WordPress multisite – but your backup is not of a multisite site.

So this is not supported yet? (as usual this is something that needed to be done ASAP)

Wayne
    Participant

I found another way to migrate their site to a multi site install, and removed the UpdraftPlus purchases from their install.

Since I could not use the UpdraftPlus add-on with their site, is it possible to set the Migration add-on in my account back to inactive so I can use it elsewhere.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Wayne,

The Migrator add-on is unlimited; it can be installed again already.

We did write some code a year ago that can import a single site into a multisite – but the guy who was funding it then vanished and we never finished testing it. I’m not sure how well it works now when activated. If you send me a single site you want to test, then I can do so (no promises or timescales though!).

David

Wayne
    Participant

Thank you for responding, however at this time I have no more sites that need migrating. If someday I do have a single site back-up that you can play with, I will keep that in mind or hopefully somebody else can send you one to test. When the single to multi-site migration feature does become available please let me know.

Brien
    Participant

Can you explain how you did it? I’m up the same river.

Brien Lee

Quote:
    Quote from Wayne on April 12, 2014, 16:32
    I found another way to migrate their site to a multi site install, and removed the UpdraftPlus purchases from their install.

Since I could not use the UpdraftPlus add-on with their site, is it possible to set the Migration add-on in my account back to inactive so I can use it elsewhere.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Brien,

We have some code in UpdraftPlus for importing a single site into a multisite network. It is not well-tested. If you can share with me a copy of the backup set for your network, and for the single site, then I can test it and see if it works, and tell you what to do. e.g. share a Dropbox or Google Drive link.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrating a stand-alone site into a network’ is closed to new replies.