Migration Error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Derek
    Participant

I am trying to use the Migrator add-on to migrate from a temporary site to a new, permanent domain. I’m running into two problems, the first certain and the second not yet certain:

1- I have created backup files using Updraft of the temporary site. When I try to upload them to the new site using the Migrator add-on, though, the upload fails in the middle of several of the files, giving this error message: “Upload error (code -200) : HTTP Error. (make sure that you were trying to upload a zip file previously created by UpdraftPlus).” The files that fail

2- This one I’m not yet sure about (since I can’t get through the upload), but it appears that Updraft isn’t creating a backup of the database, though I do not check the don’t-do-the-database box when setting up the backup of the temporary site. The files that the backup creates are -db.gz, -others.zip, -uploads.zip, -themes.zip, plugins2.zip, and plugins.zip.

Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Derek
    Participant

I do not have a purchase number (I didn’t receive a receipt via email when I purchased), though under My Add-Ons, I can see that Migrator has been purchased (green check) and assigned to wesleyui.org (the destination domain).

I am running Version: 1.9.17.1

Derek
    Participant

Wow, sorry. Just noticed an unfinished sentence in the first post. At the end of #1, it should read: “the files that fail are -uploads.zip (though that one recently succeeded on another try), -plugins.zip, and -plugins2.zip).”

Derek
    Participant

It appeared to work, I restored. It said the restoration was successful. But now then when I tried to visit the site, or access the WP dashboard, or download the restoration log, this is all that came up:
    “Warning: require_once(/home/content/78/10410578/html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/lib/vendor/mysqldump-factory/mysqldump-factory/lib/MysqlDumpFactory.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/78/10410578/html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/loader.php on line 35

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘/home/content/78/10410578/html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/lib/vendor/mysqldump-factory/mysqldump-factory/lib/MysqlDumpFactory.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5_3/lib/php’) in /home/content/78/10410578/html/wp-content/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/loader.php on line 35”

I uninstalled and reinstalled WordPress, but visiting the site still produces this error, and I can’t activate some plugins because of a “fatal error.” This is a major problem; I can’t do anything.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Derek,

To find your purchase number, go to your account at https://updraftplus.com/my-account/ – where you can get a list of your purchases.

1- I have created backup files using Updraft of the temporary site. When I try to upload them to the new site using the Migrator add-on, though, the upload fails in the middle of several of the files, giving this error message: “Upload error (code -200) : HTTP Error. (make sure that you were trying to upload a zip file previously created by UpdraftPlus).”

1. In the migration guide – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/ – in the step where you upload your files, there is a paragraph (beginning with the word “Alternatively”) that describes an alternative method to use, if uploading through the in-page drag/drop widget fails, so I’d recommend trying that.

2. What web browser and operating system are you using? I have a suspicion that it’s specific to some browser/OS combination, so this information would be handy.

3. Does the same happen if you use a different web browser?

2- This one I’m not yet sure about (since I can’t get through the upload), but it appears that Updraft isn’t creating a backup of the database, though I do not check the don’t-do-the-database box when setting up the backup of the temporary site. The files that the backup creates are -db.gz, -others.zip, -uploads.zip, -themes.zip, plugins2.zip, and plugins.zip.

The db.gz file is the database backup (db = DataBase).

Possibly your computer is configured to not show it in your file browser by default – see this FAQ: https://updraftplus.com/faqs/i-am-trying-to-upload-my-database-backup-from-a-mac-but-it-is-greyed-out/ (the FAQ mentions a Mac, but it’s been seen on some Windows machines too).

To comment on the subsequent issue you had when restoring, I’d need to see the migration log – get it out of wp-content/updraft – but it sounds a bit like you omitted the database when restoring. I’d be able to say for sure if I could see the migration. It’d be best to re-install WordPress with a completely fresh install and do it again, if that’s what’s been done, rather than trying to repair a half-done migration.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration Error’ is closed to new replies.