Migration error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michelle
    User

Hi, I’m migrating a site to a new URL and server and all my files were able to come over except for the uploads package. That part fails because of this error:

PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT

I looked into it and it says the zip might be corrupt for some reason. I’m trying to download another zip but any other suggestions?

Michelle
    [email protected]

Michelle
    User

On closer inspection and trying to create another uploads zip, it looks like it’s not downloading the full uploads zip for some reason. Should I try something?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Michelle,

Yes – as your second message says, when this error is seen, it’s always (or at least, whenever I’ve seen it) the case that the uploads zip itself is fine; but that it was not successfully downloaded from the source and then uploaded to the destination. Something happened along the way.

Two work-arounds:

1) Upload it via FTP into wp-content/updraft, instead of uploading it via the in-page drag/drop widget. (And also download it via FTP, if you were downloading it via the in-page download button).

Or

2) Configure UpdraftPlus to send your backup to cloud storage, e.g. Dropbox – and then on the destination site, configure the same cloud storage, and press the “Rescan remote storage” link. Then UpdraftPlus will fetch it itself, which should work better than doing it by hand.

Alternatively… there’s nothing ‘interesting’ about the uploads zip. All the interesting action is with the database. You can just restore it by hand: download, then unzip, then upload the contents as wp-content/uploads as the destination site.

David

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration error’ is closed to new replies.