migration fails to recognize the new domain

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin migration fails to recognize the new domain

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ellen9
    Participant

After following all instructions to not only tick the migration box so that the database is updated to the new domain, the old domain remains. I don’t know what else to do, or what I’m doing wrong. I’m using UpdraftPlus with Migration.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

UpdraftPlus has search and replace database tool that can be used to update links if they were not updated in the migration or for some other purposes. To do this:

– Go to the Advanced Tools tab in the UpdraftPlus dashboard
    – Find the Search/Replace Database tool
    – In ‘Search for’, enter the original/old site URL
    – In ‘Replace with’, enter the new site URL
    – Click ‘Go’

PLEASE NOTE, this performs a full search and replace operation on the database, and is not reversible. Please take extreme care when inputting the URLs.

After clicking Go, every instance of the old URL will be replaced by the new.

If this does not work, then it is likely that the URLs are either encoded in the database, or manually set in the theme files. In which case, you will need to update these links manually.

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘migration fails to recognize the new domain’ is closed to new replies.