Migration feature fails to work until refresh

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migration feature fails to work until refresh

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant

I’ve noticed this for a year or more possibly but haven’t reported it until now as I’ve discovered how something fails…

Most the time (for me) the migration options for creating a key, or adding a key fails – unless you refresh the browser and today I discovered it must be an AJAX thing, if I land in Updraft and use it straight away it works.
    But if I use the tabs to do what I normally do like check existing backups etc, then the ADD SITE or CREATE KEY buttons fail to work.
    Can that be fixed please?

Another minor issue is the dropdown (select) in the migration popup it includes HTML which makes it hard to read the backup label as most of it shows <span class=”updraft-backup-label”>

Minor issues, but sure to catch someone else out that’s not used it as much as many of us.
    regards,
    Richard

Bryle Crodua

Hi Richard,

Do you have any other plugins installed on your site? If so, can you try to temporarily disable the other plugins? Do you still get the same issue?

Also with regards to the Dropdown issue, it also appears that there a conflict between UpdraftPlus and other plugins on the site.

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Richard
    Participant

Bryle, have you actually tried it?
    It fails on ANY installation.

I can send you credentials to a new clean installation: WP 4.9.1, NO PLUGINS, Sixty Fifteen/Six/Seven … all fails.

Ditto for the dropdown, as UpdraftPlus is the ONLY plugin in my test to confirm it’s UpdraftPlus and as I mention the fault has been there for ages, so previous versions of WordPress too.

regards,
    Richard

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Richard,

I’m afraid that we have not been able to reproduce the issue on our test sites.

Please could you send us the credentials for the site?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Richard
    Participant

Private reply on it’s way…

Richard
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi Richard,

Thank you. I have now been able to reproduce the issue, and will add this to our bug list.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Richard
    Participant

Thanks for the fix, the latest version does indeed resolve what I reported.

But now introduces a new bug, when pasting in the key the option to send fails until a browser refresh, so essentially the same bug but now on a different button.

I hope you can fix that one soon too, minor issue but I’m sure it will catch someone out not realising a refresh can fix it.

All the best.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Richard,

Apologies, I will pass this on to our developers.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Richard
    Participant

Will this get fixed, as to be honest it’s been made worse by the previous fix which shifted the problem to other buttons!
    thanks.

theresamcallahan
    Participant

I’m having a terrible time with sending a clone to another site. I have both sites connected in the updraft central remote – no problem, I’ve backed up both sites to remote storage and to the updraft/plus/central site but I can not get one site to send the clone to the other…

I can create the keys got the keys hit send to the site… nope.. nothing is happening. Very frustrating.

Can I clone one site to another using the updraft plus/ central? I have all the add-ons.. but they are not working. I uploaded to Updraft/Plus/Central.. both sites are on there. Why can’t I clone one to the other from remote?/

Please advise.

Richard
    Participant

theresamcallahan, if your problem is related to this bug – simply refresh the page (on both sites) and you’ll find it works again!

theresamcallahan
    Participant

Hi Theresa here again, I can’t seem to start my own thread so I’m jumping in on this one. I can not send a clone from one to the other.. just not working. (see previous post.) So I’m gonna add a few more details here… when I’m on the wordpress site.. for site #1, hosted privately, I get the message that it is sending the file to the other site. I do not see a progress bar, but I do get a notification that the data is being sent.

The other site is hosted on AWS lightsail. Please tell me what I need to do to get these files from one site to the other. Import/Export does not work because the themes don’t transfer over correctly. I need to duplicate this site on this new system, so please tell me what i”m doing wrong or what I need to do to fix this. I’ve got copies of the data in the vault, updraft is hooked to both sites… I just need to get it cloned over intact to the other site on aws.

Theresa

If you need more info.. updraft send me a private reply and we can go over account details. I’ve spent a small fortune on this plugin, now I’m ready to use it and it’s not showing up to the party.

Bryle Crodua

Hi @theresamcallahan,

Can you please create a new thread or send us a support ticket using this from https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

Could you also include a link to this thread and screenshots on the issue your experiencing please.

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

theresamcallahan
    Participant

Hello Bryle Crodua: Unfortunately I did not have time to wait for this plug in to work, I was able to accomplish an urgent and immediate site duplication, migration and installation using the plugins All-in-One WordPress Migration and All-In-One WordPress Backup/Migration Plugin add-on for google drive. Worked seamlessly, was completed within an hour of the initial backup – now I’m able to get my site back up and running. It’s been 24 hours since I sent in my first request for help and you are just now getting around to telling me what I need to do for help. Not acceptable. I will be contacting your office for a refund of all the costs associated with this plug in.. as it absolutely failed when I absolutely needed it. My site is down, now back on the way up. Thanks Anyway, Updraft Plus. Theresa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration feature fails to work until refresh’ is closed to new replies.