Migration from localhost to subdomain website failed

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migration from localhost to subdomain website failed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Filipe Bertelo
    Participant

Hello, I have bulit a wordpress website in a localhost and now I need to migrate it to my new Website subdomain so I´ve purchased Updraft migrator. So I installed the plugin in both websites and loged in. Then I went to my localhost website and made a backup that I’ve downloaded to my computer. The I went in the receiving website and made the upload of the files. So far so good, until I lost my access to the wordpress dashboard of the receiving website, it says that my username does not exist. Any help?

Filipe Bertelo
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Filipe,

Can you check if you can reset your password using the forgot password link on your website login page?

Also, to check if the migration successfully completed can you please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can send the log file and copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Filipe Bertelo
    Participant

Hi Bryle, thanks for the reply,

I tried reseting my password but it says that There is no account with that username or email address.
    In the wp-content/updraft there is 4 log files. Im not sure wich one should i copy.
    There is:
    – log.793dbacd0049-browser.txt
    – log.793dbacd0049.txt
    – log.9af0eff046dd.txt
    – log.b8cf470bbc66.txt

Filipe Bertelo
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thank you for sending the log.

I don’t see any issues from the log that you sent.
    Just to confirm, did you use the same login information as the original site? And not when you created a fresh WP install?
    Because UpdraftPlus will overwrite all the users during migration.

Regards,
    Bryle

Filipe Bertelo
    Participant

Hi Bryle, I already got the problem solved. Thanks for your time!

Bryle Crodua

Hi Filipe,

That’s great! Glad you were able to solve it.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration from localhost to subdomain website failed’ is closed to new replies.