Migration/Send to Site Failure

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Participant

I am getting an error with the new “Send to Site” option:

Unexpected response: Error: Response from remote site could not be understood (response_not_understood). You should check that the remote site is online, not firewalled, has UpdraftPlus version 2.10.3 or later active and that the keys have been entered correctly.

Keys are correct, the version on both sites is the same. different web hosts (LightningBase and IXHosting), though.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Ken,

When did you install UD on those two sites? If it’s longer ago than a week, then please try de-activating+de-installing, and installing a fresh copy – the current download (despite the same version number) has some tweaks to overcome an issue with some sites (specifically, those deploying the Apache mod_security module, which in some configurations blocks access).

David

Keith
    Participant

I tried de-activating+de-installing, and installing a fresh copy on both sites this week (one on July 13, the other on July 15), but I am still getting the same error message.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

It’s almost certainly the Apache module mod_security is running on the receiving site, and blocking the access. To confirm that, you’d need to liaise with the web host for that site, and ask them to confirm and check the mod_security log.
    Or, you can use one of the other 3 methods for importing a backup into the destination site; step 3, here: https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/

David

Keith
    Participant

I’m being told by the web host support team that mod_security is not running on the server.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

If you can post WP logins to both sites as a private reply (i.e. not visible to everyone), then I can take a look, because we’ve not come across any similar failures that weren’t due to mod_security, so I’d need to look close up.

Failing that, you can try one of the other three methods – two of them don’t involve you downloading/uploading.

David

Keith
    Participant

I think it may be a PHP mismatch. Once my webhost changes the php version to 5.3 on the receiving side, I should have a better idea of what the issue is.

Keith
    Participant

Okay, so the issue was that the one site was running php4 and the other php5. Once I had them both running on php5, everything went smoothly.

Fixed!

udadmin
    Keymaster

PHP 4? Wow. That was end-of-lifed in 2008 – https://secure.php.net/eol.php . WP supports 5.2 or later.

David

Keith
    Participant

yeah, didn’t see that coming. It’s an old test site I haven’t used since then. I can’t believe i got wp to run.

So, the migration worked, until I got to “Restore” when I got this error message:

Error: Decryption failed. The database file is encrypted.

Thoughts?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Keith,

That message indicates that the database is encrypted – i.e. that UpdraftPlus’s database encryption facility in the ‘Settings’ tab was used when the backup was created. To decrypt it, you will need whoever created the encrypted database backup to tell you what the decryption key is.

David

Jeff
    Participant

I had some problems developing locally in Mamp using PHP 5.6 and my wordpress host was running 5.4. it didn’t take when I went to migrate my developed site back up.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration/Send to Site Failure’ is closed to new replies.