Migrator back-up taking a long time

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migrator back-up taking a long time

Tagged: 

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by alison4.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alison4
    Participant

The site that I want to migrate is around 1.2GB so (to check that the site wasn’t too big) before purchasing the Migrator add-on, I used the free version of UpdraftPlus to do a back-up – it took around 8 mins to back up. However with the Migrator it took just under 15 hours! What could be causing it to take such a long time?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the migration backup log?
    This should be available in the Existing Backups tab of the original site.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    David N

alison4
    Participant
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

From the log, it appears that there are two issues when migrating using the direct site-to-site method.

The first is that the connection between the two sites is quite slow, so each file is taking far longer than expected to upload.

The second issue appears to be an unusual interaction between how long the task is allowed to run at once by the server and UpdraftPlus’ resumption system (and how it prevents overlapping runs). This is causing the time between resumptions to become very long.

I will forward this issue on to our developers.
    In the meantime, you may wish to use one of the alternative transfer methods when migrating. These can be found in Step 3 of the following guide:
    https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-do-i-migrate-to-a-new-site-location/

Best Wishes,
    David N

alison4
    Participant

Hi David

Thanks for that – will give one of the other methods a go

Best, Alison

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrator back-up taking a long time’ is closed to new replies.