missing images

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Teri
    Participant

Hi David,
    I just migrated a wordpress site. I backed it up to dropbox and then did a restore on the new site.

It looks like the site moved okay except that it’s missing all blog images. Just wondering what to do? I’m re-doing the backup and restore and am hoping this will resolve the issue.

Sorry I did not keep track of the error. One came up but then it looked like it resolved itself so I didn’t pay much attention to it.

Any help appreciated.
    Teri ;)

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Teri,

1) Where can I see the site?

2) Did you include the ‘uploads’ in your migration operation?

Best wishes,
    David

Teri
    Participant

Hi David,
    I did the restore again and it restored with no errors but I’m still without images. It’s on a test site here:
    https://yousteps.terimorris.com/blog/

Teri

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Teri,

If you look at the webspace via FTP, then do you see any of the images there?

e.g. this one:

https://yousteps.terimorris.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/proverbs4-23-150×150.jpg

that should be the file wp-content/uploads/2014/03/proverbs4-23-150×150.jpg relative to the root of your WordPress installation.

If it is there, then the problem is with redirections. If not, then please can you send me the migration log (it’s one of the ‘log’ files in wp-content/updraft – send it to contact at updraftplus.com).

Best wishes,
    David

Teri
    Participant

Okay, no images at the webspace so I’ve sent through logs. Thanks again for your help David.
    Teri

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Teri,

I received the email with two log files attached. Only one of them was related to a restore operation; and that restore operation was of the database only (i.e. not including, plugins, themes, or – relevantly to this thread – uploads). Do you have a log of an attempt to restore uploads?

If you get tired of tracking this down, then the quick way to fix the problem is to unzip the uploads backup onto your PC, and to upload the contents manually into wp-content/uploads. No other special trickery is needed for the uploads.

Best wishes,
    David

Teri
    Participant

Hi David,
    I tried the restore a few times now and there are no logs being stored. The uploads file is 218MB compressed. I’m wondering if the size is the problem.

I’m trying to get this working on a test server and need it to work properly so that it moves correctly onto the live server. So, it would be good to get it working. I’m going to delete everything on the test side and try it again tomorrow.

Also, I sent you another email. I’m getting a server error message and sent you a screen shot.

Thanks for any help.
    Teri

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Teri,

218Mb would normally be OK, but it depends completely on the CPU and time resources that the web hosting company makes available.

One work-around is to go into the ‘expert’ settings, and reduce the ‘split’ size down to 50Mb. Then you will have 5 zips, no larger than 50Mb, and can restore them one-by-one, which you might have enough resources for.
    The final manual way is just to unzip them on your PC, and upload via FTP.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘missing images’ is closed to new replies.