More GUI's features in the shell backup approach

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Feature requests (Closed) More GUI's features in the shell backup approach

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by udadmin.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andrea Silas
    Participant

At https://updraftplus.com/frequently-asked-questions/ >> “Can I run backups from the shell / cron?” I see a list of things I can control via the shell for a backup. Ideally, I would like shell control for everything I can control on the Settings page of the Updraft GUI. And, for it to apply to Restores as well.

Any shortcuts to us hacking that functionality in there relatively easily, given that there is already some shell control over things? I’m particularly interested in storing backups at DropBox and DreamObjects, and as much nearly-regex control as possible over excluding files and directories in a backup.

thx

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

The backup destinations is one of the parameters to boot_backup(), in the shell example.

David

Andrea Silas
    Participant

Well. Here is all I can see in the FAQ:
    $updraftplus->boot_backup($backup_files, $backup_database, $entities_to_include);

Can you give me an example of a dreamobjects and/or dropbox string in there? And, can you comment on whether it could be applied to a restore in some fashion?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

boot_backup() is defined in class-updraftplus.php. If you search in that file for it, you’ll see that the function takes up to 6 parameters. The 5th is $service, which, if specified, is an array of service names, corresponding to UD’s internal identifiers – to send to Dropbox + Dreamobjects, put array(‘dropbox’, ‘dreamobjects’).

Not sure what you mean by “applied to a restore” – can you be more specific?

David

Andrea Silas
    Participant

What I meant by “applied to a restore” is that I know this applies to a backup because the title of the FAQ is “Can I run backups from the shell / cron?”. So, I assumed that it would not necessarily give me this shell control for a restore as well as a backup.

Given that my question was unclear, I’m now guessing that your documentation was intended to convey that this shell control works equally well in both a backup and a restore. Is that a good guess?

Gary

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Gary,

Since UpdraftPlus backups are just standard zip + SQL files, there’s no special interaction with UD needed to restore a backup from the shell. Rather, just use the “unzip” and “mysql” commands.

David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘More GUI's features in the shell backup approach’ is closed to new replies.