multisite copy live to staging multisite

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin multisite copy live to staging multisite

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Crissy
    Participant

Hi there. I have two multisites. One for *staging* environment and another for *live*. I need to refresh ONE site from live (main site) over to staging but when I send the backup from live it doesnt give me option to choose which site to update. I have multisite / premium version of plugin. I also tried to instead do the opposite and take the LIVE clone and create a fresh copy on a separate instance and migrate the ONE staging sub-site on over — that didn’t work either. Again, I don’t have option to choose which site? Slight difference in domain for subsite be an issue?

See example below in URLs below

LIVE NETWORK MULTISITE: mainsite.com + mainsite.com/subsite
    STAGING NETWORK MULTISITE: mainsite.com + mainsite.com/sub-site

In the end I need the live mainsite and staging subsite to be in the multisite. I’d like to preferably update the staging site URL to remove the dash from name as well.

Please advise on steps to make this all work!

Thanks,
    Crissy

Bryle Crodua

Hi Crissy,

I’m afraid you can only migrate the entire Multisite site or restore a sub-site within the same network. You cannot migrate a sub-site within the same domain.

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,
    Bryle

Crissy
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure I understand. There isn’t a clean way to isolate a restore of one site from one multisite to another multisite (staging and live)?

I need to get an updated version of one of the sites in my staging environment. So would you suggest I extract from the multisite so its a single site and then import the single site back into the multisite? Seems to me there has to be an easier way. Even If I have to add it as an additional site on network that’s fine too. Is your plugin not listing the option to choose from my two sites because of network plugin activated? Should I disable network plugins for your plugin to have ability to choose site using your migrator tool. I don’t understand why migrator add-on doesn’t work in this instance.

Any workarounds to get this to work? Easier to explain via phone if this is something that can be done. Let me know about phone support options please too.

Thanks!!

Crissy
    Participant

I’m not 100% sure I understand. There isn’t a clean way to isolate a restore of one site from one multisite to another multisite (staging and live)?

I need to get an updated version of one of the sites in my staging environment. So would you suggest I extract from the multisite so its a single site and then import the single site back into the multisite? Seems to me there has to be an easier way. Even If I have to add it as an additional site on network that’s fine too. Is your plugin not listing the option to choose from my two sites because of network plugin activated? Should I disable network plugins for your plugin to have ability to choose site using your migrator tool. I don’t understand why migrator add-on doesn’t work in this instance.

Any workarounds to get this to work? Easier to explain via phone if this is something that can be done. Let me know about phone support options please too.

Thanks!!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the confusion.

In a Multisite install, UpdraftPlus is able to do these things:
    1. UpdraftPlus can only backup the entire Multisite, it cannot backup individual sub-sites
    2. Migrate the entire multisite to another location or url
    3. Restore a sub-site within the same network

As what I understand, you are trying to migrate a sub-site from your live site to your staging? correct?

I’m afraid we do not have a direct number to call. We do have hands-on support package where you can speak online with one of our developers.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘multisite copy live to staging multisite’ is closed to new replies.