Multisite Migration

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Jason.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve been tasked with migrating a WordPress Multisite subdomain install from one host to another. Unfortunately, I don’t have WHM or cPanel access to the source site, so I thought UpdraftPlus may be the way to go.

On the source site, which is running WP 5.3.2 I installed UpdraftPlus 2.16.21.24 and performed a backup as usual. The resulting zip files were downloaded from the source site.

On the destination server, I created a new hosting account in cPanel with wildcard redirects, installed a clean WP and made the necessary modifications to enable Multiste by added required lines to wp-config.php. When it comes time to restore the backup onto the destination server, I’ve made a few attempts – the first try, I didn’t manually create the sub-domain sites, thinking Updraft would do this form me, the second time I did create the subdomain sites in WP Network > Sites > Add New manually.

In each case, the main site restored successfully, however the subdomain sites appear incomplete and broken. Logos are replaced with theme defaults, content sections are missing, one of the subdomain sites should be in another language, however its appearing in English.

Some videos and articles I’ve found suggest that when you go to restore the database, Updraft will display a dropdown menu asking you which site you’d like to restore. I don’t get this dropdown, but perhaps newer versions of UpdraftPlus removed this step?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

It is possible that the migration did not successfully complete.
    To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can send the log file as an attachment or copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Jason
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Jason
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Multisite Migration’ is closed to new replies.