My first Migration, need some help!

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin My first Migration, need some help!

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi Adiano,

For the site where Italian letters are being replaced, is this being restored on a local site? The issue likely to do with the Database character sets.

Could you check the MySQL server and client versions for the server the new site is on?

For the site where the restoration is timing out, WAMP does have a maximum execution time. You will need to change the settings in the php.ini file.

Best Wishes,
    David N

adribiga
    Participant

Ok, after a week of break I’m trying to do this local backups without any success. The errors are pretty much always the same.
    First site go in this error:
    () PHP event: code E_WARNING: copy(): The first argument to copy() function cannot be a directory (line 257, C:\wamp64\www\giornale\wp-admin\includes\class-wp-filesystem-direct.php)

I’ve tried all possible credentials, with plugin backups and without but that error occurred every-time and I’m getting frustrated! Here is the last full log: https://pastebin.com/FhhX30YE

The second website it’s also exactly the same. I’ve changed the maximum execution time from 120 to 300 in WAMP but the problem is not that. It goes in loop and nothing changed for 15min, with a similar log than last time. But after a while the log change too and the final results in similar to the first site:

0890.792 () PHP event: code E_WARNING: copy(): The first argument to copy() function cannot be a directory (line 257, C:\wamp64\www\koto\wp-admin\includes\class-wp-filesystem-direct.php)

Here the full log: https://pastebin.com/WUJJdRLt

Am I changing the access right in the wrong way? Since it’s in local in Windows, I’ve just right-click the wordpress folder->security->Modify and give modification and writing rights to all the users. Should I do something else?

Please help,
    Adriano

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

That message means that your WP install is set up with file permissions and/or ownerships which do not permit PHP to over-write files within the WP install. Being able to over-write WP files is of course important for a backup/restore plugin. You need to adjust your file permissions and/or ownerships so that PHP has permission to over-write all WP files.

David

adribiga
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    udadmin
    Keymaster

In the screenshot, there are permissions for Authenticated Users, Systems, Adminstrators, Users. Try also adding “Everyone”.

David

adribiga
    Participant

Ok, looks like adding “Everyone” worded for the first site. Not for the second but I want to make more try before I sending the log.
    The first site have problem with the char-set.

The images are all in the folder but the names are changed “La-strada-per-samatvam-l’equanimitÔ instead of “La-strada-per-samatvam-l’equanimità”

Not only the images names but the text of the site too is changed in the same way.

Do you have any idea what char-set should be the database? Since the names of files are changed, are we sure is a database issue and not a backup once?

Like always…thanks!

udadmin
    Keymaster

If you can share a link to a copy of the backup, I can examine it tell you if the characters are correct in the backup (which, if so, would indicate that your server is somehow not configured to be able to handle the characters, but how to fix that is getting outside of my area of expertise).

David

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • The topic ‘My first Migration, need some help!’ is closed to new replies.