Newly Added Site to Multi-site Isn't Allowing Backup

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Newly Added Site to Multi-site Isn't Allowing Backup

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Mayer
    Participant

Hey Guys,

My clients’ multisite has five websites on their network and I’ve recently created a sixth site to be cloned on the network. The Updraft plugin is on the network and working great for all of the other sites. The sixth site has been created on the network and while I was getting ready to clone the Dev site into the new site on the network, I noticed that Updraft is showing as Network Active in the Plugins folder, but isn’t actually accessible anywhere in Settings. Could I be missing something or perhaps there’s something I did wrong?

Thanks in advance and all the best,

Ryan

Bryle Crodua

Hi Ryan,

Do you have all add-ons installed? For UpdraftPlus to be installed in a Multisite, you would need to have the Multisite/Network add-on.

Regards,
    Bryle

Ryan Mayer
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

I sure do! Again, all sites are working except this latest addition. I’m sure I’ve missed something somewhere…

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

On Multisites, UpdraftPlus Premium is only available from the Network Admin dashboard and cannot be accessed by individual site admins.

Or is the plugin not accessible from the Network Admin dashboard?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Ryan Mayer
    Participant

Hi David,

Ah! The plugin is definitely accessible from the Network Admin.

So is there some instructions on how I can bring in a saved backup from the Dev site or even clone the Dev site to the newly created site in the multisite? Clearly, this has to be done from the Network Admin Dashboard, but I just don’t want to mess up the entire network! lol

Greatly appreciate both of your guidance.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

An example is available here:
    https://updraftplus.com/importing-wordpress-stand-alone-sites-into-wordpress-networks/

We have an article with detailed information available here:
    https://updraftplus.com/information-on-importing-a-single-site-wordpress-backup-into-a-wordpress-network-i-e-multisite/

The steps to import the site are essentially the same as any other migration. Upload the backup set to the multisite, then click restore.
    However, after the abckup files have been processed, UpdraftPlus will detect that the backup is of a single site, and ask you to supply some details so it can be imported as a new site.

I would recommend ensuring that you have a full backup of the network before the migration.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Newly Added Site to Multi-site Isn't Allowing Backup’ is closed to new replies.