Password Problem

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tim
    Participant

I accidentally entered the wrong credentials when confirming a new installation. I realized I’d entered the incorrect password just as I hit the enter link.

The system then states that the user name is correct, but the password is incorrect, and there is a link to reset the password, but there is no way to simply re-enter the correct password.

I did use the reset password link. After confirmation that the password was reset, the plugin still says that the password is incorrect, and continues to offer the reset password link.

Questions:

1. How and/or when will the plugin know I’ve reset the password?
    2. Wouldn’t make more sense to allow me to simply re-enter my user name and password without sending me to reset the password?

I know what user name and password I need to use. I simply made a mistake when entering the password. A simple access point to edit the existing user name and password from within the plugin settings would have made all this unnecessary.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

To try a different password after getting it wrong the first time, enter it in the box indicated in this screenshot, and then press ‘Connect’:

https://snag.gy/Vrbzl.jpg

Best wishes,
    David

Tim
    Participant

I appreciate you sending me the image of where to re-enter the password. Thank you. However, the screen shot you sent shows an option that is only visible under the “Add-ons” tab (something I had to figure out on my own). In other words, the “Connection with your UpdraftPlus.Com account” settings are not visible unless the “Add-ons” tab is selected.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Tim,

That’s right – please see the install guide, step 3: https://updraftplus.com/support/installing-updraftplus-premium-your-add-on/ .

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Password Problem’ is closed to new replies.