Plugin is not showing in a multisite site

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Plugin is not showing in a multisite site

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Allison
    Participant

Hello,

I am trying to migrate a WordPress site into a WordPress Multisite Site. The premium plugin has been updated in both locations and activated (including network activated for the Multisite site).

It is showing up under Settings > UpdraftPlus in the regular site but it is not showing up anymore in the Multisite site under Settings. How can I make the plugin show up in my Multisite site so I can migrate the other site into it?

Thanks very much,
    Allison

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Allison,

When installed on a multisite, UpdraftPlus is moved to the Network Admin dashboard.
    You should see ‘UPdraftPlus Backups’ listed in the Network Admin Settings, or in the Wp Admin top-bar.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Allison
    Participant

Thanks David.

I was able to clone http://www.merlinfiorano.com into the multisite but it looks like it cloned it into the main network site and not the Merlin site within the multisite network (there are 3 other sites in the network as well and another one will need to be cloned into one of the multisite sites)

How do I clone it into one of the sub-sites rather than the main site?

Thanks,
    Allison

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Allison,

When restoring a backup of a single site to import it into the network, you should be given the option to specify the site that the backup should be imported as. Do you get that option?

Best Wishes,
    David N

John
    Participant

No… or am I looking in the wrong place? I bought this plugin specifically to manage backups and restorations on a multi-site network… The documentation on the feature is sparse. Can you point me to screenshots or a video so I know how this feature is supposed to work? My hope was that site admins could rollback there site to prior versions… This does not appear to be the case.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi John,

When correctly network activated, UpdraftPlus is only available to the Network Admin.
    Individual sub-site admins cannot take or restore backups.

The Network Admin should be given the option to restore a single sub-site after the backup files have been processed for restoration (i.e. after you have selected which parts of the backup to restore).

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin is not showing in a multisite site’ is closed to new replies.