Pruning of “automatic backups before updating”?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Pruning of “automatic backups before updating”?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    solowiz
    Participant

Is there/will there ever be a function, setting, or feature that enables the user to prune old backups made automatically before a plugin/theme/WP update?

I have one site, for example, with over 1K retained (individual) backup files in offsite storage.

solowiz
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

By default, automatic backups before update is excluded from the backup retention rule.
    Let me check if there is a way to disable that.

Thanks,
    Bryle

solowiz
    Participant

I’m thinking this might be better as a separate function from the regular “pruning”. For example there might be several auto-backups a day for updated plugins; these will add up fast, and I’d think we wouldn’t want them to crowd out scheduled backups. A couple of ideas:

1. A feature that manually deletes all auto-backups older than X (user-defined) days/weeks
    2. Automatically prune auto backups older than X weeks – as a separate retention rule

Consider it a feature request perhaps? This came up a long time ago also, and others have asked for something similar. I was kinda hoping there was some progress on it already :)

I’m storing them off-site and have lots of space, but not unlimited – and deleting these auto-backups manually would be endlessly tedious…

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thank you for suggestion. I will send this to our development team for review.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Pruning of “automatic backups before updating”?’ is closed to new replies.