reCAPTCHA didn't migrate, now I can't login to wp-admin

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin reCAPTCHA didn't migrate, now I can't login to wp-admin

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Carole.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Carole
    Participant

I completed a successful migration of the site dpcatering.com to dpcatering.dreamhosters.com. Well, almost. It appears the plug-in reCAPTCHA did not migrate, so when I try to login todpcatering.dreamhosters.com/wp-admin, the reCAPTCHA boxes are not displaying. If I login anyway, reCAPTCHA returns an error saying “ERROR: Incorrect or empty reCAPTCHA response, please try again.” How do I fix this.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Carole,

I’m not sure, but I think that reCaptcha uses an API key that is linked to the domain. So, if you migrate, the API key isn’t valid, and the captcha won’t display.

To disable a problematic plugin without dashboard access, follow the guidance in the last section of this article: https://updraftplus.com/understanding-wordpress-installs-plugins/

Best wishes,
    David

Carole
    Participant

Thanks David. Worked like a charm (renamed folder so plug-in doesn’t load).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘reCAPTCHA didn't migrate, now I can't login to wp-admin’ is closed to new replies.