Remove Migration Keys

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shane
    Participant

Hi,
    Can I put my hand to ask if the ability to remove migration keys be expedited. I note it has been on the books for at least 2 or more years.

Once a site is migrated there is really no reason to maintain the ability to send files to a remote site – and in fact if you push that a second time there is every chance it will over write changed files on the recipient site (yes i know backups will et you roll back but who needs the extra work).

In 2017 it was on the to be done list – https://updraftplus.com/forums/topic/remove-existing-sent-to-sites/

I have a a site I use to update a template I use for a small cloneable site. I use this several times a year to make event sites for an event. I have lists of keys in the ‘parent site’ getting longer each month.

Yes we can do a search and delete in MySQL but that is a sure way to muck something up – so can we please get a way to remove keys for sites once we have cloned them.

Also from a security point of view – having the receiving site auto destroy the key after a successful clone, or after a set time, as an option removes a possible pointr of attack (yup – 2048 is a big key – but stuff happens and leaving open doors – no matter how strong is bad security practice.)

Thanks

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

I will check this with our developers.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Remove Migration Keys’ is closed to new replies.