Removing Password from "Lock Access"

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Removing Password from "Lock Access"

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

I just tinkered with the new “Lock access to the UpdraftPlus settings page” option, and it didn’t actually lock anything when I saved the password & support URL. I then clicked the “Lock” button and it just refreshed the page, and it just re-loaded the same page (it didn’t lock the page).

I then tried to remove the password and support URL, and clicked the “Lock” button again (since that seems to be the only way to save the lock settings), and it just refreshes the page and shows the same password and support URL.

How can I actually remove the password?

Thanks,
    Andrew

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

You’ve found a bug – removing the password doesn’t work. Thanks for the report!

This has now been fixed – please de-install UpdraftPlus and then re-install it. The version number will remain the same, but the bug will be gone.

Not being immediately locked out when you save the settings, however, is not a bug – it’s the intended behaviour. Since you’ve just set the password, you’re assumed to know it – so, it treats you as if you’d just entered it, until the re-entry time is reached.

David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Removing Password from "Lock Access"’ is closed to new replies.