Restore not sucessful – site goes to maintenance mode

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Restore not sucessful – site goes to maintenance mode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Cheryl
    Participant

Hi there,

I am trying to migrate a database from a live site to a new staging site for test purposes. However, when I restore the imported database, the logging screen switches over to “Site undergoing maintenance” message on screen that stays stuck. I have to delete the .maintenance file to access the site again. The UpdraftPlus configuration doesn’t show any message that the restore failed, but the menus and categories are not updated. I tried again, and then updraftplus doesn’t recognise the database back up file at all, even though it hasn’t changed. Third time I tried, updraftplus itself is missing and when I click the link to updraftplus setting, I get a 404 error.

What should I do?

Best wishes,
    Cheryl

Bryle Crodua

Hi Cheryl,

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can send the log file as an attachment or copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Cheryl
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

From the logs, it appears that the database restoration is being timed out after ~50 seconds.
    Please could you ask your hosts/server admin to check the PHP maximum execution time (or any other relevant time out mechanism on the server), and increase this to 300 seconds?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Restore not sucessful – site goes to maintenance mode’ is closed to new replies.